New York Fashion Week left us swooning over pieces we’ll soon be wearing 24/7 (wearables wearables, wearables!) and garments that we can only dream of slipping into one very special day. Come on, with all the romantic draping, dreamy tulle and head-turning sparkle, how could we not take wedding day inspiration from NYFW’s most gorgeous gowns? Top designers showed a wealth of wedding-worthy dresses, from classic bridal silhouettes in traditional pearly whites to embellished and pop-of-color frocks fit for an indie bride. Scroll through for major inspiration from our top 20 NYFW picks, plus peep the lookalikes that you can wear down your very own aisle.
Glitz And Glam
Stun with shine on your big day with all-over embellishments like those on Bibhu Mohpatra’s and Monique Lhuillier’s shimmering floor-length gowns, or surprise with twinkling details like Erin Fetherston’s simply beaded neckline and Luis Antonio’s scalloped + sequined top. In any of these glamorous numbers, you’ll be turning heads for all the right reasons.
1. Needle & Thread Lace Petal Maxi Dress ($667): No slits, nothing sheer, and yet this fully-covered dress is super sexy thanks to the gorgeous sequined trim that contours to your curves in all the right places.
2. ASOS Curve Maxi Dress With Embellished Top ($181): A starry shimmer on top + a girly chiffon on the bottom = the perfect wedding day dress combination.
3. BHLDN Candice Gown ($1,200): Head-to-toe sequins keeps this simple silhouette a sight to be seen. Amp up the look even more with a fingertip veil.
4. Tory Burch Julia Gown ($398): Ohh the subtle sparkle of the intricate neckline on this dusty pink column dress is enough to make you say “I do.”
Your “I dos” are the closest thing to a real life fairytale, so why not play the part of a princess? Float down the aisle in elegant satin draping (what we’d give to walk in Christian Siriano’s and Honor’s insanely chic creations) or look as lovely in lace as these models in off-the-shoulder Zac Posen and in dreamy-as-ever Rachel Zoe.
5. Ted Baker London Lyonele Cape Back Draped Maxi Dress ($548): We couldn’t have dreamt up a more romantically draped dress. A fluid chiffon cape has all the drama of a train or floor-length veil without the hassle.
6. J.Crew Clover Gown ($1,500): Everything about this gown is delicate, from the thin spaghetti straps, to the simple lace cutouts and the organza trim — it’s the perfect piece for a blushing bride.
7. J.Crew Jillian Gown ($695): There’s something very “new romantic” about this sleek and slinky gown: it’s both modern and timeless, simple and dramatic (just imagine the drama as you walk down the aisle!).
8. BHLDN Francine Gown ($1,250): Honestly, we don’t know which side is more stunning — the V-neck front made from classic French lace or the glamorous back that features an illusion neckline and full row of buttons. Swoon!
Offbeat And On-Trend
You’re exchanging vows, rings and kisses at a ceremony, but all-things traditional end at your on-trend dress. Indie brides, get ready to gawk at some serious eye candy (literally when you ogle Honor’s offbeat candy button embellishments). Jumpsuits a la Naeem Khan, keyhole cuts in shoulder-bearing Lela Rose and cropped matching sets from Alice + Olivia are sure to satisfy your offbeat bridal style.
9. The Reformation Constance Dress ($588): This off-the-shoulder gown is all about effortless beauty. An undone down-do and flower crown are musts.
10. AQ AQ Verses Maxi Dress With Cami Straps ($229): Slinky straps turn this column dress into a next-level gown that any modern bride would wow in.
11. ONE by Femme D’arms Bailey Gown ($888): A two-piece set on your wedding day? It could happen, it should happen — and this is how it’ll go down. We love how the floor-length lace sheath makes the revealing look altar-appropriate.
12. BCBG Max Azaria Waylen Sleeveless Jumpsuit ($183): Formal + functional — we’ve hit the jackpot with this wedding-worthy jumpsuit. A sheer panel on its tank-inspired top adds just the right amount of glamour while a menswear-inspired waistband keeps the look totally tailored. Oh, and there’s pockets.
Instead of the Bouquet
Who says you need to carry a bouquet on your wedding day when floral prints, patterns and appliqués on your dress will do the trick? Own your twist on traditional wedding day blooms with dresses like Badgley Mischka‘s, Lela Rose’s and Jenny Packham that pop with glittery blossoms from head-to-toe. Even if a hand-held bouquet is imminent, you can still nod to this style with Erin Fetherston’s fading floral design.
13. BHLDN Luisa Gown ($2,200): Tiny pearls and soft petals flutter off of this wedding dress like a dream. Its full + airy tulle skirt will ensure you float down the aisle.
14. ASOS Salon Maxi Floral Stripe Dress ($286): Romantic roses are broken up into a modern graphic on this pleated gown, and we’re obsessed with the elegant results.
15. ERIN by Erin Fetherston Jan 3D Floral Organza Gown ($425): We can’t decide which aspect of this dress we’re more in <3 with: its refined pop of color or the organza sheath bursting with floral embellishments. Together they bring out the best of both elements — (another) total match made in heaven.
16. ASOS Pleated Crop Top Maxi Dress ($286): If you’re gonna do an all-over floral gown IRL, THIS is the way to go: massive graphics of flowers in bloom create color blocks from afar while pleats soften the dominant images. In this pastel palette, it’s a total dream.
Short And Sweet
Your legs are you best assets, so show them off without looking like you’ve skipped straight to the reception-ready LWD. Keep it classy with long sleeves like Oscar de la Renta’s lacy fit-and-flare or opt for tried-and-true silhouettes like Zac Posen’s vampy vintage dress or both of Lela Rose’s A-line frocks that feel distinctly modern thanks to an ombre fade and geometric cutouts.
17. For Love & Lemon Lovebird Lace Sheath Dress ($260): Keep the sleeves long and the hemline short for a mini take on a traditional gown. We love how the lace acts as an intricate hem on both the sleeves and the skirt.
18. Needle & Thread Tulle Dress ($334): THIS is how you feel 100% girly in an above-the-knee dress on your big day. Tiers of tulle, a jeweled neckline and even a bow at the waist keep this altar-worthy look playful and so romantic.
19. J.Crew Ivory Clara Dress in Silk Chiffon ($344): A classic cut for a classic bride, and one that can be dressed up as much (or as little, as you see here) to suit your style. Add oomph with a statement necklace and floor-length gown (go there!) or keep it simple with a vintage-inspired blusher and metallic pumps.
20. ASOS Curve Exclusive Shift Dress With Lace Trim ($86): Flash a little neckline and show off those legs with this easy shift dress that uses graphic lace as an ultra classy sheer alternative. At every angle, the detail is dazzling.
Which NYFW gowns would you *actually* wear on your wedding day? Which other designer dresses = your dream bridal wear? Tell us about your big day style in the comments below.