5 Beachy Beauty Products to Channel Your Inner Mermaid
As a beauty writer, I live and breathe products. There is a constant flow of new skincare, makeup and hair products making their way into my hands on the daily, so it’s a big deal when I declare that I’m “obsessed AF” with something. This series will detail the products that are *everything* to me right now.
Say it with me: BEACH VIBES. I’ve been spending a lot of time soaking up the sun (slathered in sunscreen, thanks to these crucial SPF facts) and have been spending less time on my beauty routine as a result. My latest motto? Work with what you’ve got! So soak up the sun, sand, wind and waves and embrace going au naturale. Here are five beauty products that are helping me live that beach life while channeling my inner mermaid.
1. The Gnarly Whale Thai Coconut Beach Waves ($12): Tousled hair that has that fresh-from-the-beach look is a trend that’s here to stay. This affordable, natural product smells insanely good and gives your locks the perfect amount of grit for those waves to shine through. Good luck choosing just one scent to try, though — they offer some of the most legit scent combos ever!
2. AMOREPACIFIC Resort Collection Sun Protection Mist Broad Spectrum SPF 30 ($75): I am all about spray-on sun protection, which is why I love this stuff. Several spritzes over the face and my skin is protected and hydrated (an added bonus, thanks to Matsutake mushroom and bamboo sap). If I ever forget to put on my SPF in the morning, a quick dose of this ensures my skin is good to go!
3. Milani Amore Mattalics Lip Crème ($9): These are some of the boldest lippies on the block. From their intense pigments (what you see in the tube is really what you get!) to their insaaaanely long staying power, these lip colors are totally worth adding to your beauty routine. I literally had to use a makeup wipe to take off this product at the end of the day — after lots of eating, drinking and talking. Did I mention I didn’t have to reapply once?!
4. Glossier Haloscope ($22): This has become my new everyday highlighter. While some nights on the town call for a seriously shimmery highlight, days at the office call for something more muted. Packed with genuine crystal extracts and good-for-your-skin vitamins, this product leaves more of a dewy glow than a shimmery highlight. It always looks natural and is super easy to blend into the skin. I absolutely love this product and will keep it in my steady rotation.
5. Fiona Stiles Ultimate Lash Icon Volumizing Mascara ($16): As a green-eyed lady, I love playing up my eye color with deep purple makeup shades. I was thrilled to try this burgundy-hued mascara from Fiona Stiles, and now I’m totally hooked. Beyond its seriously gorgeous color that really makes my eyes pop, the formula on this product is legit. My lashes look long, separated and thick with this mascara, but it never looks goopy. It’s easy to remove at the end of the day but also won’t smudge. Five stars!
Follow us on Pinterest for more makeup inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.