As it turns out, October is synonymous with a lot more than just spooky fall tailgates and pumpkin spice -everything. Helllooo, it’s the arrival of opal season (fellow Libras, you’ve got it made). This lustrous birthstone is said to increase self-worth, boost the confidence of the wearer (that’s YOU!), and radiate good vibes. Keep scrolling for 13 opulent opal statement pieces — everything from an opal cuff to dainty studs — that even non-October babies will flock to.
1. James & Irisa 9K Blue Ocean Opal Ring ($268): Oh hail, oceanic lovers and birthday baes alike. This handcrafted opalescent ring will capture the light like an IRL Kirakira+ filter.
2. Emily Warden Designs Opal Dotted Halo Ring ($80): This vintage-inspired rainbow opal ring looks as though it could have been plucked from your grammie’s jewelry box, but it’s actually been reinterpreted for the modern-day tastemaker. Upcoming brides-to-be: This could be the hit of glam (your “something new-ish”) you’ve been looking for.
3. TAI Adjustable Gold Ring With Opal Stone and Rose Crystal ($75): *Jaw drops.* Black tie affairs and classy cocktail parties call for this cubic zirconia-encrusted ring featuring a glistening opal and rose crystal stone.
4. Local Eclectic Beam Ring With Opal ($65): Peep this eclectic little beam ring (or wink eye) that will fo’ sure add a touch of whimsy to your daily lewk. In other words, it’s a certified conversation starter.
5. Zoë Chicco 14K Opal Tear Lariat Necklace ($460): This ready-to-slay 14K gold opal tear lariat necklace is just asking to be teamed alongside a jewel-toned gown with a down-to-there neckline.
6. Mociun Mismatched Circle Opal and Diamond Earrings ($472): “Fashions fade; style is eternal.” You can count on these mismatched studs — complete with antique white diamonds, no less — standing the test of time.
7. Erica Weiner Isosceles Opal Earrings ($50): Opals with healing powers? We’re here for it. Try a pair of iridescent triangle studs on for unlimited sartorial prowess.
8. Anthropologie Ecliptic Opal Post Earrings ($32): The cubic zirconia stones pack just the right amount of sparkle for all your five-to-nine commitments.
9. Catbird Opal Teardrop Ring ($198): Ward off bad vibes with this 14K gold teardrop opal ring that you legit won’t want to take off. Made to be stacked or worn on its own, it’ll look downright witchy with a black mani and gothic frills.
10. WWAKE Large Opal Triangle Earrings ($424): WWAKE, take all our money! Factor in the cost-per-wear and these kaleidoscopic triangle-shaped opal stunners will pay for themselves.
11. Bing Bang Ziggy Stardust Trio ($74): Pay testament to David Bowie with this rockstar trio of celestial-inspired studs from Bing Bang. The opal Swarovski crystal will dazzle under the moonlight.
12. Variance Objects Australian Opal Cuff ($594): “That girl. She’s magic.” Says everyone who catches wind of your oxidized gold cuff inset with a big ol’ Australian opal rock.
13. Emily Warden Designs Triangle Opal ($58): Both delicate and minimalist at the same time, this captivating opal ring with a 24K gold fill was made for the “less is more” set. Pro tip: Team it with the matching half-moon opal necklace for a look of everyday elegance.
Which of these opal statement pieces will you be rocking this October? Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.