7 #OOTDs for the Week: How to Dress like a NYFW Blogger
Fashion month is one of our favorite times of year (after summer, that is!). Not only do we get a sneak peak of all those to-die-for pieces to come, but there’s also plenty of outfit inspo thanks to the crowd of fashion insiders strutting their stuff on some of the globe’s most stylish city streets. New York kicked off a month-long sartorial extravaganza with its fair share of chic ensembles. From hard-as-nails accessories to bold prints and sporty separates, here are just a handful of the many looks that caught our attention this past week.
1. @alealimay: Over the last few seasons, we’ve seen fashion-set getups become a whole lot more laid back. And while we always look forward to those over-the-top ensembles (the wackier the better, in our opinion), we’re digging this more off-duty approach. Aleali‘s rad athletic outfit proves that sometimes less really is more. (via @alealimay)
2. @candicelake: It might be September, but that doesn’t mean we’re ready to let go of the bright colors and easy, breezy silhouettes associated with summer. It looks like Candice Lake isn’t either. She hit the Big Apple streets in vibrant wide-leg trousers — a must for fall — and a simple off-the-shoulder top, totally nailing that pre-fall style. (via @candicelake)
3. @peaceloveshea: Coordinating with your fellow blogger bestie is most definitely a thing come fashion week. Peace Love Shea’s Shea Marie and fashion partner in crime Caroline Vreeland put a whole new twist on the idea with friendship bracelet-inspired moto jackets. Saying we’re a little obsessed would be an understatement. (via @peaceloveshea)
4. @jxxsy: No fashion week is complete without a few mismatched patterns, and this season definitely didn’t disappoint. Vintage aficionado Natalie Joos of Tales of Endearment wowed us with an eye-catching stripe and checkered combo. (via @jxxsy)
5. @margaret_zhang: Photographer, blogger and law student Margaret Zhang took three of fall’s biggest trends — Victorian tops, suede everything and wide-leg trousers — and combined them into one crazy-awesome outfit. Unexpected and ahead-of-the-curve, this is one look we’re dying to try. (via @margaret_zhang)
6. @susiebubble: With bright, bold and totally unique getups like these, it’s no wonder Susie Lau of the blog Style Bubble is one of our favorite fashion-week bloggers. A geometric print and faux fur topper give this classic A-line dress a modern feel, while metallic pointed-toe loafers inject a slight androgynous edge. (via @susiebubble)
7. @chroniclesofher_: Monochromatic was à la mode among the street-style crowd this season, with all-white ensembles being a particular favorite. Chronicles of Her blogger Carmen Hamilton embraced a more fall-inspired shade of navy blue, while dressing up a classic midi skirt and sweater ensemble with a few tough-girl add-ons like a Lucite, chain-accented collar and patent platform loafers. (via @chroniclesofher_)
What Insta style stars do you follow? Do you do an #ootd on the regular? Tell us in the comments below, and be sure to tag your pics with @britandco for a chance to be featured in next week’s post.