12 Eco-Friendlier Substitutes for Cult Beauty Faves
Here at Brit + Co, we’re all about bringing you the latest and greatest in beauty products. We’ve already shown you cheap alternatives to cult makeup faves, but who would we be if we didn’t point you to some greener options too? Sure, it might be hard to say sayonara to the beautiful glow of your favorite bronzer or the squeaky-clean feeling of your tried-and-true makeup remover, but it’s time to start reaching for more natural, chemical-free options for your beauty routine. We’ve got you covered with these organic and natural alternatives to your go-to beauty products that will have you feeling and looking great.
1. Blush Stick: Vapour Organic Beauty Aura Multi-Use Blush ($36): Some people just don’t feel complete without a swipe of blush on their cheeks. Here’s a natural alternative to traditional blush sticks, and it doubles as lip color.
2. Dry Shampoo:Lulu Organics Lavender & Clary Sage Hair Powder ($30): If you’re looking for a more natural way to keep your hair looking good between washes, this dry shampoo has you (and your greasy locks) covered.
3. Bronzer:Physician’s Formula 100% Natural Origin Bronzer ($14): The only way to get a more natural glow than this is from the actual sun.
4. Luminizer: RMS Beauty Living Luminizer ($38): Highlighters and concealers can be found in abundance, but few of them are as natural as this four-ingredient luminizer worn by famous faces like Miranda Kerr and Gisele Bündchen.
5. Sweet-Smelling Moisturizer:Nourish Organic Lightweight Face Lotion ($22): Moisturizer is an essential base for your makeup, and a natural choice like this one can make a BIG difference. Rosewater and argan oil give this lotion a floral-smelling, all-natural edge.
6. Go-to Lipstick: Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick ($24): We are kinda crazy about lipstick here at Brit HQ. If you’re looking for a way to perfect that pout without parabens or sulfates, Bite Beauty is your answer.
7. Must-Have Lip Balm:Juice Beauty Organic Lip Moisturizer ($15): If you want to forgo color but still seal in some moisture for your lips the natural way, reach for this organic gloss.
8. Flirty Mascara:Tarte Gifted Amazonian Clay Mascara ($21): Who wouldn’t want to give their lashes a boost with the power of Amazonian clay and rice wax? This mascara not only makes your eyelashes look good when you wear it, but also conditions them to make them longer and thicker.
9. The Perfect Pedi Polish:Scotch Natural Lacquer ($15): We’ve been hearing a lot about 3-free and 5-free nail polishes lately. This one may be a little pricey, but it’s one of the few that’s all-free.
10. Updo-Perfecting Hairspray:Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hair Spray ($32): Lone gone are the days of sitting under an Aqua Net cloud. There’s no need to take a deep breath when you spray this organic, non-toxic, plant-based product.
11. Shadow Palette: Physician’s Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow ($12): Your eyes are one of the most sensitive parts of your face, but also an area that can get a lot of makeup play. Treat them right with the natural ingredients in these shimmery shadows.
12. Makeup Remover: Caudalie Make-up Remover Cleansing Water ($28): When it comes time to take it all off, you’ll want a natural makeup remover too. The organic chamomile extract in this cleanser takes makeup off easily and leaves you squeaky clean.
What’s your favorite organic beauty product? Any that we missed? Let is know in the comments below!
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.