12 Celebrity-Approved Swimsuit + Sunglass Pairings for Summer
When fashion mags and trend reports feel stale, there’s no better source for sartorial inspo than your favorite celebrities — especially when it comes to swimsuit season! Whether you’re a bikini kind of girl or swear by a more conservative one-piece suit, it can be downright intimidating picking out flattering swimsuits that make you feel like a million bucks. But don’t let that stop you from trying. Throw in a game-changing pair of colorful sunnies for soaking up the rays in paradise, and you’ll be one step closer to channeling your inner Gigi Hadid or Queen Bey herself. Get ready to kick off the “unofficial” start of summer with these 12 celebrity-approved swimsuits (think: fierce cutouts, high-waisted bottoms and plunging necklines) and sunglass pairings that you can rock all season long.
1. Mara Hoffman Reversible Printed Cutout Bikini ($265) + Mango Rounded Sunglasses ($40): Shy and modest, you are not. Flaunt what you’ve got in this colorful geometric bikini featuring a triangle top and high-waisted cutout bottoms. Pssst: It’s even reversible, meaning you can enjoy the kaleidoscopic print one day and the vibrant solid turquoise the next. Like a true celeb, top off your statement-making look with some rounded black sunnies and a dainty lariat necklace.
How to Style a Striped Swimsuit
2. Solid and Striped The Anne-Marie Striped Swimsuit ($160) + Crap Eyewear The T.V. Eye ($60): If it’s good enough for Gigi, then it’s more than good enough for us. Ever since we spotted our favorite It-girl in a Solid and Striped bikini, we’ve been dying to replicate the look. Make a vow to show off less skin this season à la this sporty vertical striped swimsuit-turned-bodysuit in disguise. But don’t be mistaken — THAT deep scoop back is the definition of fierce. Pare down the rainbow stripes with some festival-ready denim cutoffs (or cropped flares) and standout white shades for a look that’s so Hollywood.
How to Style a High-Waisted Bikini
3. Rachel Comey Revival Top in Faces ($160) and Keena Bottom in Faces ($150) + Crap Eyewear The Diamond Brunch Sunnies ($58): Oh, this old thing? Rest assured, you don’t have to be sporting the season’s hottest swimsuit to make an entrance. Style this artsy high-waisted set, featuring an abstract faces print, with an equally eye-catching pair of shades that won’t go unnoticed on the boardwalk. These vintage-inspired goldenrod and cream sunglasses are a mean (if not a bit out-there) alternative to your everyday black oversized shades.
How to Style a Crochet Bikini
4. Kiini Tuesday Knit Triangle Bikini Top ($165) and Tuesday Knit Bikini Bottom ($120) + Free People Mystic River Sunglass ($25): Run, don’t walk, to snag one of Kiini’s signature crochet bikinis for endless summatime vibes. Be like every other A-lister on the block by teaming this colorful two-piece with a pair of Dior’s super chic “So Real” sunnies — or better yet, give these look-alike sculptural metal frames a go for a fraction of the price. You can thank us later.
How to Style a Cutout Swimsuit
5. Mikoh Xavier One Piece ($218) + KREWE St. Louis Sunglasses ($215): Keep everyone on their toes with this show-stopping black swimsuit that’s all business in the front and party in the back. Who knew that a crochet back could be this DDG and resort-ready? Not us. Maximize the wow factor with these black and white tortoiseshell sunglasses, featuring stunner gold mirrored lenses.
How to Style a Metallic Bikini
6. PRISM Salinas Top in Metal ($177) and Mahe Bottoms ($138) + Spitfire Cyber Silver and Blue Mirrored Sunglasses ($45): For every swimsuit made for frolicking on the beach, you need one that slays. Case in point: This red carpet-worthy metallic bandeau top and sporty bikini bottom is just the thing for a beachside wedding or an exotic getaway for two — just add in a pair of these futuristic blue mirrored sunglasses and you’re there.
How to Style a Glam Bikini
7. Triangl Confetti Garden Midnight Delight Set ($89) + Kate Spade Karyna Sunglasses ($250): Why blend in when you were clearly born to stand out? Bring the glam factor with this ultra-sophisticated and feminine pairing that’s worthy of a yachting party or stint in Maui. Offset the structured white bikini top and contrasting navy floral bikini bottoms with some sassy pink bejeweled frames (to complement the pink blooms) that will get you noticed for all the right reasons. Vacay cannot come soon enough.
How to Style a Gingham Swimsuit
8. Pale Gingham One-Piece Swimsuit ($204) + Karen Walker Special Fit Super Duper Strength Sunglasses ($280): Like a celebrity vacationing in Cannes, you’re all about timeless swimsuits with retro appeal. Enter the streamlined gingham one-piece, complete with a plunging neckline, that will make you swoon hard. Don’t say we didn’t warn you! Throw in some classic tortoiseshell frames (to fend off the paparazzi, obvs), a straw fedora and leather sandals that will take you from a quick dip in the ocean to poolside lounging like that.
How to Style a Color Block Bikini
9. H&M Bikini Top ($18) and Bikini Bottoms ($13) + Topshop Aviator Sunglasses ($35): Gear up for a night on the town with this Kardashian-esque orange and coral color-block bikini that’s equal parts flirty and fun. Providing both support and comfort (no wardrobe malfunctions here!), this versatile two-piece suit would be perfect for a round of beach volleyball or an afternoon spent waterskiing. Seal the deal with these pink-tone mirrored aviators that are hot, hot, hot!
How to Style a Sporty Two-Piece Swimsuit
10. Tavik Swimwear Jett Top ($70) and Jayden Bottom ($60) + J.Crew Betty Sunglasses ($128): Athleisure at the beach? We’re so down. No active getaways required to sport this minimalist white triangle bikini top and matching cheeky bottoms on the regular. The contrasting color trim calls to mind something Serena Williams would wear on (and off) the court. When you team it with a track jacket, free-wheelin’ Adidas slides and game-changing red sunglasses, you’ll be unstoppable.
How to Style a Quirky Swimsuit
11. Topshop Sequin Cactus One-Piece Swimsuit ($52) + Rad + Refined Good Vibez Sunglasses ($42): So much yas. This sparkly cactus bathing suit is giving us LIFE. Whether you’re Bonnaroo-bound or are just channeling Miley (‘cause why not?!), don’t be afraid to take it there with the raddest swimsuit and sunglasses of the season. Featuring round frames, hot pink rose appliques and alphabet beads spelling out “good vibez,” these sunglasses are made for the eccentric beach babe in all of us.
How to Style an Off-the-Shoulder Bikini
12. Lisa Marie Fernandez Leandra Striped Bikini ($400) + Gentle Monster by Her Flat Lens Sunglasses ($305): Cue the ‘70s with this Selena Gomez-approved off-the-shoulder swimsuit that can double for a Hawaiian-inspired luau and salsa dancing. Wear the colorful bikini top beyond the beach by styling it with high-waisted flares, throwback clogs and a pair of these hippie chic sunnies. Can you say instant celebrity status?
Which celebrity-inspired pairing would you wear? Follow us on Pinterest for more colorful style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Featured photo via Andrew H. Walker/Getty)
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.