12 Celebrity-Approved Swimsuit + Sunglass Pairings for Summer
When fashion mags and trend reports feel stale, there’s no better source for sartorial inspo than your favorite celebrities — especially when it comes to swimsuit season! Whether you’re a bikini kind of girl or swear by a more conservative one-piece suit, it can be downright intimidating picking out flattering swimsuits that make you feel like a million bucks. But don’t let that stop you from trying. Throw in a game-changing pair of colorful sunnies for soaking up the rays in paradise, and you’ll be one step closer to channeling your inner Gigi Hadid or Queen Bey herself. Get ready to kick off the “unofficial” start of summer with these 12 celebrity-approved swimsuits (think: fierce cutouts, high-waisted bottoms and plunging necklines) and sunglass pairings that you can rock all season long.
1. Mara Hoffman Reversible Printed Cutout Bikini ($265) + Mango Rounded Sunglasses ($40): Shy and modest, you are not. Flaunt what you’ve got in this colorful geometric bikini featuring a triangle top and high-waisted cutout bottoms. Pssst: It’s even reversible, meaning you can enjoy the kaleidoscopic print one day and the vibrant solid turquoise the next. Like a true celeb, top off your statement-making look with some rounded black sunnies and a dainty lariat necklace.
How to Style a Striped Swimsuit
2. Solid and Striped The Anne-Marie Striped Swimsuit ($160) + Crap Eyewear The T.V. Eye ($60): If it’s good enough for Gigi, then it’s more than good enough for us. Ever since we spotted our favorite It-girl in a Solid and Striped bikini, we’ve been dying to replicate the look. Make a vow to show off less skin this season à la this sporty vertical striped swimsuit-turned-bodysuit in disguise. But don’t be mistaken — THAT deep scoop back is the definition of fierce. Pare down the rainbow stripes with some festival-ready denim cutoffs (or cropped flares) and standout white shades for a look that’s so Hollywood.
How to Style a High-Waisted Bikini
3. Rachel Comey Revival Top in Faces ($160) and Keena Bottom in Faces ($150) + Crap Eyewear The Diamond Brunch Sunnies ($58): Oh, this old thing? Rest assured, you don’t have to be sporting the season’s hottest swimsuit to make an entrance. Style this artsy high-waisted set, featuring an abstract faces print, with an equally eye-catching pair of shades that won’t go unnoticed on the boardwalk. These vintage-inspired goldenrod and cream sunglasses are a mean (if not a bit out-there) alternative to your everyday black oversized shades.
How to Style a Crochet Bikini
4. Kiini Tuesday Knit Triangle Bikini Top ($165) and Tuesday Knit Bikini Bottom ($120) + Free People Mystic River Sunglass ($25): Run, don’t walk, to snag one of Kiini’s signature crochet bikinis for endless summatime vibes. Be like every other A-lister on the block by teaming this colorful two-piece with a pair of Dior’s super chic “So Real” sunnies — or better yet, give these look-alike sculptural metal frames a go for a fraction of the price. You can thank us later.
How to Style a Cutout Swimsuit
5. Mikoh Xavier One Piece ($218) + KREWE St. Louis Sunglasses ($215): Keep everyone on their toes with this show-stopping black swimsuit that’s all business in the front and party in the back. Who knew that a crochet back could be this DDG and resort-ready? Not us. Maximize the wow factor with these black and white tortoiseshell sunglasses, featuring stunner gold mirrored lenses.
How to Style a Metallic Bikini
6. PRISM Salinas Top in Metal ($177) and Mahe Bottoms ($138) + Spitfire Cyber Silver and Blue Mirrored Sunglasses ($45): For every swimsuit made for frolicking on the beach, you need one that slays. Case in point: This red carpet-worthy metallic bandeau top and sporty bikini bottom is just the thing for a beachside wedding or an exotic getaway for two — just add in a pair of these futuristic blue mirrored sunglasses and you’re there.
How to Style a Glam Bikini
7. Triangl Confetti Garden Midnight Delight Set ($89) + Kate Spade Karyna Sunglasses ($250): Why blend in when you were clearly born to stand out? Bring the glam factor with this ultra-sophisticated and feminine pairing that’s worthy of a yachting party or stint in Maui. Offset the structured white bikini top and contrasting navy floral bikini bottoms with some sassy pink bejeweled frames (to complement the pink blooms) that will get you noticed for all the right reasons. Vacay cannot come soon enough.
How to Style a Gingham Swimsuit
8. Pale Gingham One-Piece Swimsuit ($204) + Karen Walker Special Fit Super Duper Strength Sunglasses ($280): Like a celebrity vacationing in Cannes, you’re all about timeless swimsuits with retro appeal. Enter the streamlined gingham one-piece, complete with a plunging neckline, that will make you swoon hard. Don’t say we didn’t warn you! Throw in some classic tortoiseshell frames (to fend off the paparazzi, obvs), a straw fedora and leather sandals that will take you from a quick dip in the ocean to poolside lounging like that.
How to Style a Color Block Bikini
9. H&M Bikini Top ($18) and Bikini Bottoms ($13) + Topshop Aviator Sunglasses ($35): Gear up for a night on the town with this Kardashian-esque orange and coral color-block bikini that’s equal parts flirty and fun. Providing both support and comfort (no wardrobe malfunctions here!), this versatile two-piece suit would be perfect for a round of beach volleyball or an afternoon spent waterskiing. Seal the deal with these pink-tone mirrored aviators that are hot, hot, hot!
How to Style a Sporty Two-Piece Swimsuit
10. Tavik Swimwear Jett Top ($70) and Jayden Bottom ($60) + J.Crew Betty Sunglasses ($128): Athleisure at the beach? We’re so down. No active getaways required to sport this minimalist white triangle bikini top and matching cheeky bottoms on the regular. The contrasting color trim calls to mind something Serena Williams would wear on (and off) the court. When you team it with a track jacket, free-wheelin’ Adidas slides and game-changing red sunglasses, you’ll be unstoppable.
How to Style a Quirky Swimsuit
11. Topshop Sequin Cactus One-Piece Swimsuit ($52) + Rad + Refined Good Vibez Sunglasses ($42): So much yas. This sparkly cactus bathing suit is giving us LIFE. Whether you’re Bonnaroo-bound or are just channeling Miley (‘cause why not?!), don’t be afraid to take it there with the raddest swimsuit and sunglasses of the season. Featuring round frames, hot pink rose appliques and alphabet beads spelling out “good vibez,” these sunglasses are made for the eccentric beach babe in all of us.
How to Style an Off-the-Shoulder Bikini
12. Lisa Marie Fernandez Leandra Striped Bikini ($400) + Gentle Monster by Her Flat Lens Sunglasses ($305): Cue the ‘70s with this Selena Gomez-approved off-the-shoulder swimsuit that can double for a Hawaiian-inspired luau and salsa dancing. Wear the colorful bikini top beyond the beach by styling it with high-waisted flares, throwback clogs and a pair of these hippie chic sunnies. Can you say instant celebrity status?
Which celebrity-inspired pairing would you wear? Follow us on Pinterest for more colorful style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Featured photo via Andrew H. Walker/Getty)
You can wear many hats running a business and sometimes some look better than others. Thanks to Office Depot, we're talking with Koyun Fan, co-founder of Sticky Rice Sisters, about finding inspiration along the way and staying organized on the road to success.