9 Paint Products Your Kids Will Adore
Your pint-sized Picasso is all about paint, paint, and more paint. They’ve mastered watercolors and are bored with the same old temperas. Now what? It’s time to get seriously creative. When your littles love their artsy adventures, go for something that’s new, exciting, and allows complete exploration. These paint products are perfect for preschoolers — giving your kiddo awesome alternative options for getting their art on.
1. Natural Earth Paint, Children’s Bulk Earth Paint ($30+): Forget about those chemical-packed paint products; this powdered paint is a natural alternative. And bonus, the kiddos will have plenty of fun mixing the powder with water, creating as much — or as little —as they want!
2. Colorations Washable Glitter Finger Paints ($43): If your kid wants to break out the glitter, but you’re not sure about the mess, give these Colorations paints a try. Even though these sparkly finger paints aren’t exactly mess-free, you won’t have to worry about a stream of sparkles spreading over your floors.
3. My First Crayola Washable Paint Brush Pens ($7): Give your preschooler’s fine motor skills a workout with these paint-filled pens. Your crafty kiddo will get creative, and they can practice a proper writing grip too.
4. Faber Castell 3D Sand Painting ($18): Sensory exploration is a major part of art. This textured sand painting activity kit gives your kid the chance to experiment in a tactile way.
5. Eco-Kids Eco-Finger Paint ($20): Finger paint is an obviously tactile activity. But this sustainable option adds a textured twist. The powdered paint base gives your child the chance to explore through the sense of touch in a way that other similar products just don’t provide. Bonus: They’re made from organic fruit, veggies, rice flour, and earth clay.
6. Sargent Art Water Color Crayons ($10): These aren’t the watercolors your little artist is used to. These come in a completely cool crayon form.
7. Artist’s Loft Watercolor Pencils ($10): Your mini masterpiece-maker can use these pencils dry or wet. Draw with them, write with them, or use them with water to create a paint-like effect.
8. Artemis Plant-Dyed Watercolor Paints ($24): These plant-based dyes are natural watercolors that your child can mix and use to create. Get the three primary colors and mix them into a rainbow of hues!
9. Crayola Silly Scents Washable Kids’ Paint ($7): Texture isn’t the only way to explore paint through the senses. This Crayola product adds a subtle scent to your kiddo’s creations.
What is your child’s fave art activity? Share your pick and tweet us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.