This Is How to Match Your Statement Sweater + Jewelry for an Instababe-Approved Look
As much as we love the cold weather season and all the fabulous layers it brings, it can sometimes feel like we’re being swallowed by piles of wool, faux fur and alpaca. It’s also easy to get caught up in a black, white and beige routine, with shades of brilliant color being unintentionally annexed to the back of your closet. There’s certainly something to be said for classic cable knit toppers and oversized cardigans, but we have our hearts set on something a little bit bolder to get us through the next few months in flawless fashion. And that means turning to toppers with scene-stealing prints, sparkling embellishments and 3D details, and a slew of show-stopping statement jewelry to usher our #OOTDs into street style territory. Below, we’ve put together eight impeccable statement sweater and jewelry combos that bring the swagger. No more cold weather blues for you.
1. M.I.H Jeans Intarsia Merino Wool Sweater ($130) + Treasure&Bond Mismatched Baguette Earrings ($39): As far as wool toppers go, this baby is the holy grail. Who knew merino could be so chic? Highlight its cool mod vibe with edgy mismatched earrings, leather trousers and bright red booties for a look that reads French-girl chic.
2. Markus Lupfer Los Angeles Sequined Merino Wool Sweater ($182) + Mango Brooch Clasp Set ($16): No longer will you be held back by your predictable wardrobe of neutrals! Kick-start a color revolution in your closet by embracing this bold blue sweater. Hot pink sequins and peppy palm trees will have you lusting after lazy summer days, while merino wool will keep you warm and cozy in the face of 30-degree temps. Round out your cold-weather look with distressed boyfriend denim, patent boots and a handful of playful pins for anything from last-minute gift shopping to Taco Tuesday at your favorite taqueria.
3. Zara Color Block Sweater ($100) + Mango Mixed Chain Necklace ($40): For an on-the-job ensemble that’s equal parts polished and It-girl cool, don’t hesitate to invest in this color-block sweater that’s guaranteed to make Mondays (and every day) infinitely more stylish. Not only will the tri-color design pair well with just about everything in your wardrobe, but this hero piece in disguise takes zero effort to style. Throw in a statement-making collar necklace for a working girl uniform that commands attention. We’re so in.
4. H&M Wool-Blend Sweater ($99) + Free People First Bloom Dangle Earring ($28): If there’s one thing we’ve learned over the years, it’s that comfort is a luxury. Skip the restrictive bodycon for an upcoming GNO or rendezvous with bae, opting instead for an Insta-worthy exotic print sweater and sparkling drop earrings that would look just as good styled alongside a slinky slip dress and block heels as they would with high-waisted skinny jeans and lace-up flats. Comfort and cool factor can go hand in hand.
5. & Other Stories Star Burst Sweater ($115) + BaubleBar Piñata Tassel Drops ($36): Does this intergalactic pullover not make you want to take a walk among the stars? Duh. When adulting gets you down (like erryday, y’all), channel your inner starman with a celestial sweater, metallic kicks and funky tassel earrings for a look that’s totally out of this world.
6. Dusen Dusen Block Pullover ($264) + Marc Jacobs Icon Statement Cuff Bracelet ($250): Introducing the artsy abstract pullover that minimalists and street-style goddesses can both agree on. Translation: It more than deserves a spot in your winter wardrobe lineup. Take a pseudo-‘70s styling approach to the piece, pairing it with corduroy flares, crisscross mules and a statement cuff — styled OVER the sleeve of your sweater. This isn’t amateur hour, people!
7. Tanya Taylor Jane Embellished Cutout Ribbed Cotton-Blend Sweater ($238) + Zara 2-Pack of Multicolored Chokers ($23): Don’t let your extras outshine a unique detail — trade out chandelier earrings or a show-stopping collar for an understated choker duo that elevates your ensemble without going over the top. For an Instababe-approved look that slays around the clock, toss this combo on with a swingy midi dress and knee-high boots.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.