5 Date Night + Party Outfit Trends from the Runway
With all the glitzy embellishments, luxe faux furs and shimmering fabrics that made their way down the runways at New York Fashion Week, we couldn’t help but think of our date night and slinky, night-on-the-town looks. From glamorous gowns to drool-worthy coats, there was certainly no shortage of inspiration to be had. These five looks straight from the runway will make you want to don your sparkly best long before Labor Day.
1. Glittering Gold Party Dress: Jenny Packham applies intricate gold stitching to a classic silhouette to create the only dress you’ll need for a swanky date night. The semi-conservative style makes it perfect for any romantic dinner for two, but it’s still sassy and stylish enough to rock while you dance your heart out with your besties. (Photo via Jacopo Raule/Getty)
2. Jacquard Embellished Collar Coat: To get through winter in style, a simple puffer coat simply won’t do. A fantastic frock calls for something equally as fabulous (and fancy). This red jacquard number by Michael Kors hits all the notes. Not only is the color totally festive, but the mid-length coat is also extremely practical — it’s long enough to keep your legs covered (and significantly warmer) when temperatures drop. A double-breasted design, lush fur color and jacquard print add a polished finish. (Photo via JP Yim/Getty)
3. Gilded Party Dress: Dennis Basso knows glam, and we’re loving this look from his latest collection for a swanky New Year’s soiree (complete with flowing champagne, of course). With shimmery gold fabric and a heavily embellished bodice, this eye-catching party dress has an alluring jazz-age appeal. Top it off with a faux fur coat for major WOW-factor. (Photo via Frazer Harrison)
4. Bright Red Plaid: We like to think that everyone should sport a little plaid all the time, and apparently Kate Spade thinks so too. Plaid — more specifically, red plaid — was a predominant feature of her fall/winter 2015 collection. Throw on a playful plaid skirt and cream-colored top (and a faux-fur muff if you feel so inclined) for a laid-back party. (Photo via Cindy Ord/Getty)
5. Slinky Metallic Gown: This bronze gown is ready to party. You’d be sure to turn heads in this showstopping number by Monique Lhuillier. Cutouts are balanced with a high neckline and long sleeves for a sophisticated, sexy look. (Photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
Which looks from NYFW are making you the most excited for fall? Tell us in the comments!