Your Favorite Plaid Shirt Styled 10 New Ways
The holiday season is in full swing, and if you’re like us, you’ve been sporting your favorite plaid shirt any chance you get. Whether you’re finishing your holiday shopping or lounging around on the weekend, it’s a great staple piece to wear with jeans. But we have grander plans for that comfy shirt — why not rock it at the office, a girls’ night out or even to your next holiday party? We’ve got 10 new ways to style your favorite plaid shirt this winter season.
1. Add a Touch of Glitter: Pair those sequins with a more laid back piece, like your favorite plaid shirt. Just add a sexy sequin skirt ($35) and a statement necklace, and you’ll be ready for your next holiday bash. (via The View from 5’2“)
2. Mix it up: If you’ve been hiding under a rock for the last couple of seasons or just too afraid to step out of the box, then you’ve probably let the biggest trend of mixing prints go over your head. It’s never too late to give the trend a try by pairing your trusty plaid shirt with a nice pair of slacks or ankle pants ($35) in a different plaid print. (via Style du Monde)
3. Power Suit: Wearing a suit and blouse to the office can get boring. Try pairing a boyfriend blazer with your plaid shirt to give your everyday suit a new look at the office this week. (via The Northern Light)
4. The Skater Skirt: The winter season is the best time of year to wear mini or skater skirts ($58), because you can always add a fun pair of tights. And while adding those tights to your outfit, don’t forget your plaid shirt to achieve this perfect look. (via Girls off Fifth)
5. Leather: It’s the weekend, so you’re heading out to drinks with your girls, in your leather leggings, of course. To add a bit more edge to your look, tie your plaid shirt around your waist and add a cute top and purse to match. (via Sincerely Jules)
6. The Tuxedo Pant: Looking to turn heads at your next holiday party? Try Kim’s haute look from fashion week by styling your favorite plaid shirt with a pair of high-waisted tuxedo pants ($109). (via NY Mag)
9. Faux Fur: Faux fur has made its way back in style this winter season, and we are so happy about it! The faux-fur vest is a great item to dress up your favorite plaid shirt. (via Covering the Bases)
Do any of these looks tickle your fancy? If so, let us know in the comment section below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)