The holiday season is in full swing, and if you’re like us, you’ve been sporting your favorite plaid shirt any chance you get. Whether you’re finishing your holiday shopping or lounging around on the weekend, it’s a great staple piece to wear with jeans. But we have grander plans for that comfy shirt — why not rock it at the office, a girls’ night out or even to your next holiday party? We’ve got 10 new ways to style your favorite plaid shirt this winter season.
1. Add a Touch of Glitter: Pair those sequins with a more laid back piece, like your favorite plaid shirt. Just add a sexy sequin skirt ($35) and a statement necklace, and you’ll be ready for your next holiday bash. (via The View from 5’2“)
2. Mix it up: If you’ve been hiding under a rock for the last couple of seasons or just too afraid to step out of the box, then you’ve probably let the biggest trend of mixing prints go over your head. It’s never too late to give the trend a try by pairing your trusty plaid shirt with a nice pair of slacks or ankle pants ($35) in a different plaid print. (via Style du Monde)
3. Power Suit: Wearing a suit and blouse to the office can get boring. Try pairing a boyfriend blazer with your plaid shirt to give your everyday suit a new look at the office this week. (via The Northern Light)
4. The Skater Skirt: The winter season is the best time of year to wear mini or skater skirts ($58), because you can always add a fun pair of tights. And while adding those tights to your outfit, don’t forget your plaid shirt to achieve this perfect look. (via Girls off Fifth)
5. Leather: It’s the weekend, so you’re heading out to drinks with your girls, in your leather leggings, of course. To add a bit more edge to your look, tie your plaid shirt around your waist and add a cute top and purse to match. (via Sincerely Jules)
6. The Tuxedo Pant: Looking to turn heads at your next holiday party? Try Kim’s haute look from fashion week by styling your favorite plaid shirt with a pair of high-waisted tuxedo pants ($109). (via NY Mag)
9. Faux Fur: Faux fur has made its way back in style this winter season, and we are so happy about it! The faux-fur vest is a great item to dress up your favorite plaid shirt. (via Covering the Bases)
Do any of these looks tickle your fancy? If so, let us know in the comment section below!