15 Passion Fruit Dessert Recipes Perfect for Your Spring Date Night
Every time you hit up the grocery store you walk away with the same ole fruit. Bananas, strawberries, apples, and maybe some raspberries if you’re feeling wild. All of those are great of course, but if you’re planning a romantic date night, they don’t exactly scream sexy. Step out of your comfort zone and go for a bag of tropical passion fruit. While it may not join your favorite fruit salad anytime soon, it’s wonderful for mixing into cakes, brownies, and ice cream. Keep on scrolling for 15 recipes to serve your sweetie.
1. Passion Fruit Raspberry Layer Cake: Romance is all about the grand gestures, and nothing is more magnificent than a fruit-filled layer cake. There’s passion fruit in the buttercream and the cake itself, so there’s tart flavor in every bite. (via Not Quite Nigella)
2. Chocolate Passion Fruit Brownies: If you’ve never paired passion fruit with chocolate brownies, you need to go preheat your oven *right now.* These happen to be gluten- and dairy-free, so if your significant other has dietary restrictions, your thoughtfulness will be very appreciated. (via Wholesome Patisserie)
4. Healthier Banana, Passion Fruit, and Coconut Loaf: Who doesn’t love a healthy dessert that doubles as breakfast the morning after? Infuse your typical banana bread with passion fruit and coconut for a moist and delicious treat you can enjoy whenever you like. (via The Brick Kitchen)
6. Passion Fruit and Meringue Eclairs: If you really want to show off your pastry skills à la Great American Baking Show, fancy-pants eclairs are a surefire way to do so. These are filled with a passion fruit cream and expertly decorated with lime zest, fresh passionfruit, and Italian meringue. (via Lil’ Cookie)
8. Passion Fruit Coconut Slice: Taste and smell are our greatest memory triggers. If you and your sweetheart have wonderful beach vacation memories, these tropical passion fruit bars will incite the best of them. (via Donna Hay)
10. Passion Fruit Tart With Caramelized Rum Pineapple: It would be worth adding passion fruit to your desserts just for the beautiful speckled presentation. Luckily, it’s also absolutely delicious. Try it out in this boozy tart with a big scoop of ice cream on the side. (via Donna Hay)
11. Passion Fruit and Vanilla Bean Marshmallows: Not all date night desserts have to be extravagant works of art. Cuddle up after dinner with a steaming cup of hot chocolate and a pile of these homemade passion fruit marshmallows on top. (via The Sugar Hit)
12. Passion Fruit Cupcakes With Citrus Buttercream Frosting: Cupcakes are always a safe bet for dessert. These bright and tangy passionfruit cupcakes have a fresh citrus flavor that’ll be an excellent end to a lovely meal. (via Design. Bake. Run)
13. Pavlova With Cream and Passion Fruit: Don’t let yourself be intimidated by this luxurious pavlova. Just be sure to allow plenty of cooking time and your impressive dish will be the topic of conversation for months. (via Eat, Little Bird)
15. White Chocolate and Passion Fruit Cheesecake: Get ready for the look of adoration your date will give you when they see you’ve made white chocolate cheesecake. If you can’t find fresh passion fruit at the grocery, you can pick out a can of passion fruit pulp that’s packed in syrup to spread all over the top. (via Decor8 Blog)
Follow us on Pinterest for more date night recipe ideas!