18 Fruit Salads That Aren’t Filled With Cantaloupe
As much as we like winter’s apples, oranges and pears, we’re ready for a seasonal revamp. Summer brings us berries! Stone fruit! Melon! And we’re going to do all sorts of things with these fruits — like make really tasty fruit salads for all of our dinners on hot summer nights when just the thought of turning on the oven makes beads of sweat form on our brows. Turn down the heat, take out the cutting board and let’s get chopping.
1. Berry Coconut Fruit Salad: Strawberries and blueberries make a great couple on their own, but with the addition of raw coconut shreds and mint, they can can have a perfect double date. (via Vegetable Gohan)
2. Stone Fruit Salad With Lemon Lavender Syrup: For some reason, stone fruits and lavender go together like peas and carrots. Top off your stone fruit salad with a little lavender syrup and whaddaya know? You have a forkful of the most flavorful fruit you’ve had in… well, ever. (via Katie at the Kitchen Door)
3. Citrus Salad With Goat Cheese-Stuffed Dates: Dates taste like dessert. And when stuffed with goat cheese, they taste like heaven. Then broiled and layered on top of citrus fruits? Indescribably delicious. (via Food52)
4. Watermelon Cups: Why waste serving utensils when you can make your own edible vessel? Take a scoop out of a watermelon cube to create space for this sweet and savory fruit salad. (via What We’re Eating)
8. Grilled Fruit Salad With Goat Cheese Topping: While the grill is fired up, don’t be afraid to throw on some fruit next to that steak. The grill brings out the natural sugar in the fruit making it sweet enough to satisfy any after dinner dessert craving! (via The Healthy Foodie)
9. Chopped Chicken Salad with Cashew Honey Mustard: Your second string fruit salad wanted to become the star of the show by recruiting chicken and garbanzo beans to join the team. Embrace the different flavors for a healthy meal! (via Cooking and Beer)
10. Basil Mint Blueberry Melon Salad: The combo of basil and fruit salad might leave you scratching your head in confusion. But, you just need to top it all off with balsamic vinegar and trust. It works. (via Produce on Parade)
13. Persimmon Pomegranate Quinoa Salad: If you haven’t discovered persimmons, you are missing out. They are not too sweet and not too sour, which makes for a perfect addition to any salad. (via Teaspoon)
14. Fresh Fruit Popsicles: Those crazy hot summer days require frozen foods to cool you down. If you’re trying to lay off the ice cream, this fruit salad in popsicle form might be your new best friend. (via Popsugar)
16. Kale Salad With Citrus, Avocado and Feta: We were complaining about winter fruits earlier, but we didn’t know about this salad yet. Oh grapefruit, are you still out there? (via Two Peas + Their Pod)
17. Citrus Salad With Strawberries and Pomegranate: Anyone would like to wake up to a grapefruit full of their favorite fruits. Pomegranates add a great crunch to this citrus salad. (via Culinary Hill)
18. Powerhouse Bulgur Salad With Orange Vinaigrette: Hide your kale among some tasty fruit and grains, and eat yourself healthy. This detox salad packs a handful of fruits and veggies to make a yummy meal. (via Neighbor Food)
What crazy fruit salad combos have you been chopping up lately? Let us know in the comments below!