Need a desk accent? What about a one-of-a-kind headboard? Pegboards have gone above and beyond garage organization and have become an ideal option for stylish storage in every room of the house. Here are the coolest ways we’ve seen them used. Scroll on and get ready to add this bad boy to your list of must-have organization tricks STAT.
1. Entryway Pegboard: No busy girl on the go has time to rush around looking for essentials when she’s trying to jet. Keep must-have coats and keys handy with a FUNctional hallway addition so you can get back to being a HBIC. (via Walala)
2. Kitchen Helper: Subway tile might be haute, but it sure won’t give you the storage that a pegboard backsplash will. Use movable, mini-shelves for spices, accents, and coffee mugs. (via HGTV)
3. One-of-a-Kind Headboard: An entire wall of pegboard is practically a decorating playground. This is your official permission to go shelf-crazy. (via Claire Zinnecker Design)
4. Think Mini Pantry: No pantry? No problem! A tall, narrow installment could give you everything you need to keep jars, spices, and totes neat and tidy. (via Design Milk)
5. Vertical Desk: Use a colorful pegboard to add a dash of brightness and tons of workspace storage to your WFH game.
6. Small Bathroom Solutions: If you’re like us, you’re constantly dealing with bathroom counter clutter. Rope in the chaos with a slim, half-holed board that can lean against your wall — no drilling required. (via La Delicate Parenthese)
7. Closet Surprise: Since pegboards are flat you can fit them almost anywhere, including the back of a closet door. Attach small pieces directly to the door for extra stability, or attach hooks to the top of one long board for an easy installation. (via IKEA)
8. Hallway of Wonder: Who needs built-in cabinets when you can have open, movable storage? This hallway foyer is the perfect example of turning storage items like empty pots into sleek decor. (via Vintage Revivals)
9. Inspirational Art: Take that pegboard to the next level by using a funky piece of inspirational art in your workspace. Paint it cotton candy pink, arrange a collection of knick-knacks and essentials around the edge, and then top it off with a quote. (via Studio DIY)
10. Rolling Wardrobe: We are slightly obsessed with the rolling wardrobe idea — hello, extra floor space! (via Apartment Therapy)
11. Small Kitchen, Big Storage: Small kitchens can be a struggle when you’re an entertaining queen. Instead of digging through drawers when you’re making magic, have cookware and utensils at the ready. Bonus points for using a bold tone like this one. (via Refinery 29)
12. Extra Storage by the Bed: Sometimes an itty-bitty night stand just isn’t enough for your bedside must-haves. Add a tall pegboard backing with plenty of room for pretty plants and photos. (via Better Homes and Gardens)
13. Laundry Room Essentials: The laundry room can turn into an organizational nightmare with all those oddly shaped gadgets piled up under the sink. Take advantage of an unused wall to add some (dare we say attractive) storage. (via A Beautiful Mess)
14. Mod Gallery Wall: Yes, pegboards are great for extra storage, but they are also an unexpected way to add style to your gallery wall. It kinda looks like polka dot wallpaper AND holds up your pretty pictures. (via The Design Files)
15. Idea Board: Get your fave pics off Pinterest and into the real world. A pegboard over the desk is ideal for the creative who’s always playing with inspo but struggles with tidiness. (via Curate and Display)
Need even more organization ideas? Follow us on Pinterest for more home decor inspo.