Stylish Headboard Inspiration for Every Decor Style
Whether you’re revamping your decor or decorating your brand new digs, the best place to start is the bedroom. More specifically, start with your bed. For one thing, having a place to rest at the end of a long day is crucial to your #Girlboss success. Plus, for any young professional or recent grad on a tight budget (livin’ that Ramen life), making your bed decor the focal point of your room can save you some dollars on other bedroom furnishings. When decorated correctly, your headboard will serve dual purpose as wall art. Whatever your decor taste is — rustic, glam or boho chic — there’s a headboard style that’s perfect for you. Read on to find out how to fashion yours.
1. Boho Beauty: This earthy yet vibrant boho-inspired bed pretty much proves that boho babes have more fun. Look for a headboard that has rich carvings and unexpected details. A colorful tapestry or window valance above the headboard will help frame the bed and draw the eye to those details. (via Oh Dear Drea Blog)
2. DIY Headboard: You have big dreams to travel the world. Create a global-inspired boho bedroom backdrop to help assuage that itch to jet set while you save up. Staple a woven tapestry to your headboard to give it a totally new look. Add a little cushion first, to make it extra cozy. (via Good Housekeeping)
3. The Family Love Tree Queen Petal Bed Head Natural ($489): Be the Queen of your abode with this elegantly bohemian, petal-shaped headboard. Since the headboard makes a royal statement on its own, simplify your bedding with clean white sheets and dream big while you wear that flower crown.
4. Preppy Sleeper: If you’re the type of gal that puts a bit of prep in her daily step, you’re probably one to do the same when it comes to home decor. You dream in color, so when it comes to styling your bed, be bold and approach bright floral prints with open arms. This sassy flower power fabric headboard plays well with a bold pink wall and a cobalt lamp. (via Caitlin Wilson)
5. Collegiate and Cozy: Pretty floral prints meet a muted chevron for a look that draws interest without overwhelming. Opt for a subtle set of white sheets, to allow the playful headboard pattern to play with those cozy decorative pillows. (via Caitlin Wilson)
6. DIY Birch Wood Headboard: You’re always one step ahead in the fashion game. When beginning to create a modern sleeping space, think outside of the box. Combine textures and patterns, but keep the color palette simple. This wood and white paint stripe design looks and feels effortless. (via EHow)
7. Glamour and Elegance: The charm is in the details with this stunning look that’s fit for a queen. The gilded and quilted headboard makes a statement all on its own, so you’ll need very little artwork. You can have your cake and sleep in late too! (via The Darling Detail)
8. Art Deco Meets Mod Headboard: Sleek shapes and dark tones are truly the essence of chic, modern style. Use wallpaper to make a bold statement behind a black or gold metal headboard. (via AD Lifestyle)
9. Industrial Rustic: Breathe. Rustic decor can be blended with a refined or industrial look. Whether you decide to DIY or buy a reclaimed wood headboard, adding simple elements (like hanging copper lights) creates a nice balance between industrial and homey. (via Lindsay Marcella Blog)
10. Rustic Modern Vibes: Get in tune with yourself and with nature. Luckily, this look requires very little material, beyond the clean wooden headboard and matching stands. Pair metals with your wood headboard to make your vision pop. (via Sugar and Cloth Blog)
11. Less Is More: When it comes to decorating your room, even if you’re on a budget, minimal can be more. Having an eye-drawing headboard is a great alternative to save on other room decorations/furnishings. Remember, if you go with the minimal look, add a few statement-making pillows and throws into the mix. Hanging a simple yet chic picture above your bed can be a good touch too. Less is more, and most of the time, less is just enough. (via Design Lovefest Blog)
12. Brass Minimal: Getting out of the dorms and other college shared living spaces doesn’t exactly mean you have given up on your youthful demeanor. Jazz up a pretty brass headboard with a cool DIY banner. Tie in your pillow selections to correspond with the colors in your banner for a preppy look that’ll make you want to hit snooze. (via Lauren Conrad)
13. Modest Glam: A white studded headboard may be your go-to option when considering a minimal bedroom theme. Truly, nothing is more luscious than drifting off to sleep in a plush all-white bed, cradled by a lightly detailed headboard. You’ll be sleeping on cloud nine. (via Four Generations. One Roof)
Looking for more bed headboard ideas and decor tips? Follow us on Pinterest.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)