These Pennywise Costumes Are Scary AF and We Can’t Even
Sure, clowns are supposed to be fun-loving and silly, but this Halloween there will no doubt be a slew of terrifying versions, all thanks to the movie It. This year’s remake of the classic clown story is so. Freaking. Scary. So if you’re looking for a costume that meets all the guidelines — creative, trendy, and sinister AF — then we’ve got some Pennywise portrayals that are a just a few cents short of nuh-uh. Scroll on to see the top 10 creepiest, clown costume ideas we could find.
1. A Pretty Penny: Take the glittery, shimmery route and turn an eery clown costume into a harlequin-inspired, gorg gal.
2. Too Close for Comfort: NOPE.
3. A Penny for Your Thoughts: What could this cute curly clown possibly be laughing at?
4. Hot Topic Scary Clown Costume Dress ($27): We love a variation on the classic clown. This dress looks cute and comfy and all you need is a little white and red makeup to nail this spooky look.
5. Rubie’s Adult Pennywise Costume ($50+): For just half a hundo you too can look this creepy.
6. Clowning Around: Skip the actual balloons and just paint them on instead! We actually love this sultry, smokey-eyed version.
7. DIY Pennywise Makeup Tutorial: Somehow this gal is really nailing the pretty clown look — two words we aren’t sure quite go together.
8. VioletHouseClothing Pennywise Costume ($340): SOMUCHYES. Now, this is what we’re talking about.
9. Green-Eyed Penny: Mix it up and take the Victorian-housewife-meets-Pennywise-in-a-dark-alley look.
10. KytePer Pennywise Clown Mask ($42): Just skip the costume and get the mask — unfortunately, it works all too well. Yikes.
You down to clown? Snap a Pennywise selfie and tag us on Insta @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.