11 Ways to Personalize Your Kitchen (That Won’t P*ss Off Your Landlord)
Most rental kitchens don’t come with the sleek gold fixtures and marble countertops of your future dream house, but that doesn’t mean you can’t make yours a perfect-for-right-now room. From vinyl decals and personalized canisters to kitchen tools with your monogram and accessories in your fave color, there are SOOOO many stylish ways to update a rental kitchen. Even better, they won’t blow the budget. Here are 11 easy and inexpensive ways to personalize your space — without saying BUH-BYE to your deposit.
1. Vinyl Wall Decal ($29): Dress up those stark white walls with some word art that makes you smile. If it gets you dancing around your kitchen, even better!
2. Target x Brit + Co Wood Burned Cutting Board ($25): Every kitchen needs a good cutting board, but why have an ordinary one when you can put your own creative stamp on yours? We don’t mean to boast or anything, but the cutting board in the Brit + Co collection for Target is personalized AND a fun DIY.
3. Vintage Glassware Decal Kit for Your Kitchenaid Stand Mixer ($15): Jump into the kitchen time machine. These vintage decals that remind everyone of their fave throwback glassware will make your adulting house feel like home.
4. Canister Decals ($9): Glass and ceramic canisters do double duty as sensible storage and pretty decor. Personalize yours with some cute and quirky cursive script.
5. Vintage-Style French Sack Towels With Custom Name ($18): These sack-cloth ticking towels with a vintage emblem take a plain-Jane kitchen up a notch.
6. Intersection of Love — Two-Tone Canvas ($125): Add a bit of pop art to your kitchen walls AND commemorate the moment you first crossed paths with your BFF or S.O. Names and dates are customizable, and you get to choose your fave colors.
7. Bar Marquee Sign Decal ($17): Marquees are always awesome, but this one that peels right off the wall is GENIUS! Take it with you when you move, and your landlady will be none the wiser.
8. Solid Copper Monogrammed Moscow Mule Mug ($44 / set of four): Not only are Moscow mule cocktails a super trendy drink right now, but you’ve gotta HEART the copper mugs. They’ll look so great with that bar cart DIY you keep pinning.
9. ClaireBella English Garden Coasters ($32 / set of four): Bring the outdoors in with these colorful floral-print drink coasters.
10. Wooden States of America Magnetic Key Holders ($44): Stop the mad morning dash around the house hunting for your keys. This magnetic holder will get you organized — and dress up the room with some home-state spirit.
11. Stainless Steel Dog Bowls and Stand ($30): We all know fur babies rule the roost, so give your pet a personalized grazing station. You’re sure to get lots of wet kisses in return.
If you’re always on the lookout for rental kitchen inspo, follow us on Pinterest for more.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.