Often associated with being “stuffy,” suits have a somewhat questionable style rep. But thanks to influencers such as French style goddess Caroline de Maigret, the suit is undergoing a major renaissance.
Bold prints, bright colors, and modern silhouettes are the defining features of this updated take — a far cry from classic corporate pinstripes and standard shades of black. The best part? They’re not just for the boardroom. Your off-duty and after-hours #OOTDs will never be the same. Scroll on for 13 Insta-worthy suits that redefine the concept of power dressing.
1. Zara Checked Blazer ($149) and Trousers ($70): For those days when you need a bit of extra pep in your step, this belted bad boy is it. The cinched waist, bold print, and streamlined silhouette will exude confidence no matter what the day throws your way.
2. Admise Paris Burgundy Velvet Suit Jacket ($200): Luxe burgundy velvet and gold buttons inject an element of drama into an otherwise standard suit. Team it with layered gold necklaces, a box clutch, and a perfectly painted pout for a seriously stylish after-hours outing.
3. Topshop Black Popper Blazer ($125): Sporty stripes and bold buttons are just the things to breathe new life into your nine-to-five lineup. Go full-on office athleisure with track pant-inspired trousers, a basic tee (tucked in), and slip-on leather loafers for a polished finish.
4. H&M Wide Cut Pants ($55): Don’t let the workweek blahs or chilly temps get you down. Shake it off with a playful floral print that will lift your spirits and earn you some extra style cred with your work crew.
5. Express Double Breasted Blazer ($148) and Low Rise Barely Boot Editor Pant ($80): Ready to step outside your comfort zone? Try this showstopping number on for size. Balance out the vibrant yellow hue with sleek baubles, an understated blouse, and sculptural steppers.
6. Loéil Rione Jacket ($148) and Skirt ($78): This Cher Horowitz-inspired skirt suit is the real deal. To keep your look firmly planted in the 21st century, swap out knee-high socks and Mary Janes in favor of of-the-moment slides and futuristic shades.
7. Bershka Double Breasted Linen Blazer and Paperbag Pants ($30): Suits, stripes, and everything nice. Hit refresh on your spring work wardrobe with a striped linen suit that’s equal parts polished and carefree. Minimalist white sneakers will amplify the getup’s casually cool edge.
8. Unique 21 Hero Plus Boyfriend Fit Blazer and Pants in Leopard Print Co-Ord ($112): As far as we’re concerned, animal print is practically a neutral, which makes this spotted stunner an on-duty essential.
9. Free People Silky Jacquard Blazer ($128): Pulling off “put-together” doesn’t have to mean donning stuffy duds. Playful pink jacquard and a relaxed fit will make refined dressing feel effortless. Flowy wide-leg trousers will further the fuss-free (but not frumpy) feel.
10. Gestuz Danielle Coat ($247) and Pants ($148): Prince of Wales print is in the midst of a comeback, with every It-girl on the block adding a check blazer to her envy-inducing wardrobe. Add a punch of FROW-ready flair to your boss lady routine with a longline suit in the princely pattern and architectural white pumps.
11. Universal Thread Gauze Open Blazer ($38): Keeping up appearances come casual Friday is simple with a sharp chambray blazer on hand. Worn with dark wash denim or cropped white wide-leg jeans, it offers an unexpected twist on traditional workwear.
12. C/meo Collective Own Light Blazer ($275) and Pant ($185): A suit that can kick it day or night? Sign us up! While this botanical beauty will feel right at home in the boardroom, it would also make an eye-catching alternative to classic wedding guest attire. Just add strappy sandals and drop earrings for a DDG look.
13. Eloquii Long Tailored Blazer ($140) and Wide Leg Cropped Pant ($90): A spring style lineup without pastels is like summertime without sunshine. A pretty shade of pastel lilac is guaranteed to have you looking for any opportunity to bust out this longline blazer and culotte combo.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.