8 Ways to Style a Coin Pendant Necklace Like a French Girl
French women have a reputation for their effortless fashion vibes that fall somewhere between understated and elegant. All season we’ve spotted one detail, however, that is totally wearable and beyond trendy — when worn correctly, that is. The gold pendant necklace is a simple, stunning accessory that caps off every effortless outfit. French designer Lara Melchior describes to Vogue, “The idea here, it is clear, is not to be too showy or ‘done,’ but to communicate a sort of innate elegance… [jewelry that is] subtle and easy to wear.” So if you’ve already mastered laissez-faire hair and stocked up on seasonal berets, complete your Paris-ready style by picking up this essential accessory. Catch our styling tips below, then pick-up the pendant of your wildest Parisian dreams.
1. Monochromatic Metals: Rule number one? Avoid being extra by keeping all jewelry to the same tone (i.e. pick gold or silver, don’t mix-and-match). French model Marie-Ange Casta knows the drill.
Brit + Co Pick: Baublebar Alpha Layered Necklace ($36)
2. Long Chains: A single, long pendant — no layers needed — give French model and Rouje founder, Jeanne Damas, her signature laid-back look with a pulled-together touch.
Brit + Co Pick: Child of Wild Cortez Coin Necklace ($94)
3. Vintage-Inspired Pendants: Violette, the Parisian MUA-turned-Global Director of Beauty for Estée Lauder, has brought French-girl style to a new, effortless level. Her beachy #OOTD is complete with a delicate gold coin pendant by Pascale Monvoisin.
Brit + Co Pick: Pascale Monvoisin IZIA ($1,095)
View this post on Instagram
Je me dis toujours que je ne veux pas avoir de regrets dans ma vie. J'ai envie de travailler en temps que joaillière, y exercer plusieurs compétences, mais aussi continuer les photos ici, la vie de blogueuse, de chanter de plus en plus et en faire un truc concret à un moment donné, lire plein de bouquins et écouter des émissions me permettant de remettre le monde et les liens sociaux en question, en parler et échanger, bosser sur mon idée de podcast-rencontres, danser avec mes amies le soir, être dans une bulle avec mon amoureux pendant des heures... "Profite de ta jeunesse" me dit-on, et c'est ce que je compte bien faire ! Merci @jeanpicon pour la photo 💋
A post shared by Adeline Rapon (@adelinerapon) on
4. Double-Wrapped Chains: Layer necklaces with the sartorial know-how of French jeweler Adeline Rapon, who pulls off elevated-casual with her subtly embellished, wraparound chains. Top it off with no makeup makeup, natural hair, and a red lip.
Brit + Co Pick: Ohhmygatcollection Gold Medallion Choker ($75).
5. Layer With Chokers: Anne-Laure Mais, the editor of the French fashion blog Adenorah, knows that a femme little cami-top calls for delicate layers and an expertly styled stack. This one features a tight choker and a geometric dangler.
Brit + Co Pick: Missoma Lucy Williams Octagon Coin Necklace ($136)
6. Simple Circles: Take the less is more approach like French model Louise Follain, complete with a ring necklace that pairs perfectly with warm-weather looks.
Brit + Co Pick: Madewell Adjustable Ring Choker Necklace ($34)
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Violette (@violette_fr) on
7. Etched or Engraved: Mix old school with contemporary touches when you reach for an engraved or etched coin like Violette.
Brit + Co Pick: Theodora Warre Moonstone Compass Gold-Plated Necklace ($195)
8. Thick Chains: Go big or go home, we always say. Thick chains work well for cold-weather layers to set off solid sweaters and menswear-inspired blazers in the fashion of the Adenorah muse.
Brit + Co Pick: Kenneth Jay Lane Coin Pendant Necklace ($35)
Have you channeled la vie Parisienne today? Show us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co. may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)