With eco-friendly beauty buys becoming more of an industry standard, now is the perfect time to arm ourselves with the best resources that can help us make better choices one purchase at a time. But what exactly is green beauty and how can you get on board? Here, a few amazing platforms that make natural beauty education a reality.
1. EWG Skin Deep Cosmetic Database: The goal of this site is to fill in where the industry leaves off. Their staff compares the ingredients on personal care product labels and websites to information in nearly 60 toxicity and regulatory databases. You can search their nearly 70,000 products to view the ratings and risks on categories like hazardous materials and development and reproductive toxicity. They recently launched the EWG Verified program, which is a seal of approval for non-toxic beauty and personal care products.
2. Think Dirty App: This app will help identify the potential risks associated with personal care products. Sign up for a clearly outlined rating system that identifies each risk as moderate, strong, or conclusive. Each clean beauty buy will be gauged by its user-friendly “dirty meter” for consideration.
3. Good Guide: This site categorizes beauty formulas so that you have instant access to credible information and recommendations. It’s also extremely helpful if you’re on the hunt for details regarding the overall safety of your products.
4. Enkel Nontoxic Luxuries: Turn to this brand for its popular “This, Not That” series on their Instagram account, where they take conventional beauty products and swap them out with “green” choices.
5. Nu Evolution’s The Shocking Truth: Consider this a destination for a clear, concise list of the worst ingredient offenders in the cosmetic industry.
6. Organic Bunny: From brands to shop to product advice, look for informative content that centers around the green beauty movement. For optimal convenience, there’s even a shop featuring products free of “hormone-disrupting synthetic fragrances, toxic preservatives, nanoparticles, synthetic lake dyes, bismuth oxychloride, phenoxyethanol, untreated heavy metals, PEGs, benzophenones, parabens, phthalates, triclosan + more!”
7. Janny Organically: Janny’s helpful and witty site dives into holistic remedies for all of your lifestyle needs with the added benefit of clean beauty reviews and other unpolluted “soul-food.” Watch this space to get a clear understanding of the upside to natural products for your everyday life.
8. Follain: If you’re searching for in-person educational events about clean makeup and skincare, then you’re going to love this brand. Connect with other green beauty enthusiasts or simply browse their selection of thoughtful curated clean beauty products. If you prefer a more hands-on type of guidance, you can get a consultation that is tailored to your specific beauty needs.
What are your favorite clean beauty destinations? Let us know @BritandCo!