14 All-Raw Recipes You’ll Want in on. Really.
Raw food isn’t only pretty to look at, it’s also one of the healthiest ways you can eat. A raw foods diet is said to have many benefits, including a boost in energy, awesome sleep, super clear skin, weight loss and mental clarity (woot!). Though we know, eating only raw food is counterintuitive for a lot of people. Most of us appreciate and look forward to a warm plate of something yummy at meal time — a lettuce leaf and some grated beets just won’t cut it. Good news — you don’t have to go completely raw to reap the benefits of raw food! Pepper these 14 raw recipes into your diet here and there and see just how delicious and satisfying the switch-up can be!
1. Raw Pizza With Spinach Pesto and Marinated Vegetables: Even something as classic as pizza can be turned into a raw delight using walnuts and seeds as crust and slathering on a fresh spinach pesto. Tomato slices are a must-have topping! (via This Rawesome Vegan Life)
2. Sun Dried Tomato Truffles: Nothing wrong with a savory truffle! Topped with sesame seeds and herbs, these creamy bites are perfect as appetizers or a healthy snack to keep in your fridge. (via Tales of a Kitchen)
3. Raw Portobello Mushroom and Curried Spinach Quiche: Bet you’ve never heard the words “raw” and “quiche” in the same description before! It’s done here, and it’s a beautiful thing. Click through to see just how this egg-less wonder is made. (via Golubka Kitchen)
7. Raw Carrot Pasta With Ginger-Lime Peanut Sauce: Carrot pasta is guaranteed to leave you feeling light and energized (especially topped with an Asian-inspired peanut sauce!), as opposed to the food coma you get from regular pasta. (via The Roasted Root)
8. Blood Orange Salad With Citrus Basil Dressing: Your guests might not want to eat this, simply because of its beauty. If it makes you this happy to look at, imagine how it will make you feel! (via With Raw Intentions)
9. Raw Rainbow Lasagna With Heirloom Tomatoes and Mushrooms: Nothing says clean eating like heirloom tomatoes, shiitake mushrooms and pumpkin seed ricotta. We don’t want it, we need it. (via Golubka Kitchen)
Have you dabbled in raw food? What are your fave raw recipes? Will you give any of our selects a go? Tell us in the comments below!