The holidays can be stressful. Between perfecting the best Christmas party foods and making awesome DIY gifts for your girls, the holiday season is ripe with plenty of to-dos to fill up a full page… and then some. But just when you think you can’t get it all done, the people at TaskRabbit swoop in and make all of your sugar plum dreams come true by taking care of the chores and last-minute holiday to-dos you just don’t have time to handle. Well, actually taskers make the holidays happen for a lot of people, according to new data from TaskRabbit.
During the holiday season, 77 percent of the requests made to TaskRabbit are related to setting up and taking down decorations, as well as assembling presents. Plus, in December alone, half of the requests include taking down trees, decorations and cleaning.
We already saw all of the hilarious Halloween tasks people outsourced, but now, we’re getting a sneak peak at the holiday errands people are choosing to pass off to the professionals. Grab a glass of hot chocolate and read through some of the best tasks to come out of the 2015 and 2016 seasons.
- “Things got wild at my ugly sweater party last night. My kitchen is destroyed and I have a new roommate moving in tomorrow. Need a cleaner and handyman ASAP.”
- “My wife and I need to assemble a doll house, a train set, a basketball hoop, a bike and trampoline the night of Christmas Eve (11pm onwards). Will pay double for speed.”
- “Promised my mom I’d finish decorating the house but haven’t started. I need someone to hang garland and hang up to 20 strands of lights while I tackle the tree. Thanks!”
- “A friend is having a holiday party tonight (Saturday). Your job will be to get a Christmas ham from the supermarket, dress as an elf (just a hat and stockings are good) and deliver the ham to the party. No need to hang around the party for too long, maybe 20 or 30 minutes at most. I’ll pay for the expenses associated with the task and there will definitely be a hefty tip! Party is tonight at around 9:30pm. Please help us bring some Christmas joy and liven up this party! (If you don’t have the costume for an elf, some other Christmas costume could work too).”
- “Need a tasker to come remove my Christmas tree. First floor condo. 5 foot tree. Will have cookies.”
- “I need someone to come and rescue my house after the holiday season pleaseeeee.”
- “Need help taking down outdoor Christmas lights, a few outdoor decorations, helping get a tree out of my house and to the curb and getting some pillows down from a high place in the garage.”
- “Need Christmas tree removed out of the apartment and thrown away. Please bring some sort of plastic and tape to wrap so it does not make a mess.”
Tweet us the holiday tasks you can’t handle @BritandCo!
(Photos via Getty)