What Rihanna Wore to a Wedding This Weekend Was Genius
Rihanna already proved that she makes a seriously bad ass bridesmaid a few months back when she was in her assistant’s Hawaiian 4/20 wedding, but now the performer has proven that she has totally mastered wedding guest style as well (something that Lindsay Lohan could maybe use some help with).
While attending her friend and stylist, Sonya Benson’s NYC wedding over the weekend Rihanna rocked a floral, satin kimono. RiRi posted a photo of the bride on her Instagram account alongside the caption, “Yasss!!!! Congrats to my beautiful and crazy @sonyabens on tying da knot!!! F*****g love you girl!!!”
A kimono isn’t exactly what we’d usually consider wedding attire, but Rihanna has been known to get creative with her garments (remember that scarf she wore as a bathing suit?). We have to admit that we’re totally digging the non-traditional look. If you feel inspired to copy her laid-back style to that wedding you just RSVPed to consider one of these stunning kimono dresses.
1. Maxi Dress in Mixed Floral Print ($63): If you’re headed to a low-key fall wedding, copy RiRi’s floor-length and floral style in this red and purple number.
2. Sunstone Kimono Maxi Dress ($100): Soak up the boho vibes of this watercolor-inspired frock.
3. Tora Dress ($268): Really embrace the Hugh Hefner feel of the kimono dress in this Reformation beauty.
4. Black Kimono Midi ($70): If you’re into the trend but don’t want anything too crazy, this simple, sleek number is a safe and stylish bet.
5. Paisley Jumpsuit ($20): Give the kimono a formal and more flexible spin by rocking it in jumpsuit form.
Would you rock a kimono to a wedding? Share with us in the comments below.
(Photo via @sonyabens and Jason Merritt/Getty)