Nom Nom: Roasted Garlic Lamb, Tzatziki and Potato Chip Bites
Chef Jody Denton from LAY’S® is on it with his LAY’S®Wavy Roasted Garlic and Sea Salt Chips with Ground Lamb and Tzatziki appetizer. These delightful little bites are perfect to bring to a potluck. Packed with flavor, each chip is piled high with ground lamb and delicious tzatziki. Today we’re going to teach you how to make this mouth-watering recipe.
First we’ll make the meat and then we’ll go through the instructions for the tzatziki. Get your measuring cups and spoons out and let’s get to it!
– 1 bag (11.5 ounces) LAY’S®Wavy Roasted Garlic and Sea Salt potato chips
– 1 pound ground lamb
– 1/4 cup minced red onion
– 1 tablespoon minced garlic
– 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
– 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
– 2 teaspoon dried mint
– 1 tablespoon chopped italian parsley
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
– 1 cup tzatziki (see recipe)
– 1/2 cup fine julienned red onion
– 2 teaspoon lemon juice
– 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1. Follow the first instruction for the tzatziki and then make the lamb while the cucumbers are sweating.
2. In a skillet over medium heat, cook the ground lamb until it begins to brown, about 10 minutes. While it’s cooking, break the clumps of lamb down into smaller and smaller pieces with a wooden spoon.
3. Add the onion, garlic, herbs and spices and continue cooking for another 5 minutes stirring frequently. Set the mixture aside.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine the julienned red onions and lemon juice with a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
5. Finish making the tzatziki.
6. To serve, arrange the chips on a platter. Top each chip with about 1 tablespoon of the warm lamb, drizzle a little Tzatziki over the top, add a little red onion and sprinkle with feta cheese. Serve immediately.
– 1 cup small diced cucumber
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 2 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
– 1 cup Greek yogurt
– 1 tablespoon lemon juice
– 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
– 1/2 teaspoon dried Greek oregano
– 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
– 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the cucumber and salt and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Then drain the liquid.
2. Combine the salted, drained cucumber with the remaining ingredients and chill until ready to use.
Here we go!
Chop the cucumber and place it in a mixing bowl. Add the salt and mix to combine. Put the bowl in the refrigerator for thirty minutes to draw out some of the liquid.
Add the lamb to an iron skillet on medium heat. Break it up with a wooden spoon. Cook the lamb until it starts to brown.
Mix in the onions, garlic, cumin, allspice, mint, parsley, salt and pepper. Give it a good whirl and then cook it for five minutes, stirring continuously.
Squeeze a lemon into a bowl. Then place the julienned onions in a second bowl. Pour the lemon juice over the top and add salt and pepper. Combine to mix and then set aside.
Strain the cucumbers and discard the liquid. Add the dill, Greek yogurt, lemon, pepper, oregano, thyme and garlic. Stir to combine.
To serve, set out your chips on a platter. Add a spoonful of lamb, a dollop of tzatziki, a few slices of onion and a bit of feta on top.
Pop one into your mouth and enjoy!
Your friends and family are going to love these savory bites.
What are your favorite appetizers to make with chips? Dish in the comments.
This post is a collaboration with LAY’S® Wavy.