Hide exercise equipment, create a private reading nook, make a temporary spare bedroom, or give yourself a permanent extra room without hiring a contractor –– frick, is there anything a room divider can’t do? Well, probably, but let’s focus on what they do, what they do well, and the ones that do it with style.
2. Halfway Demolished Wall: We’re so sure you could find the bits and bobs to complete this look in a dumpster. As unpleasant as that sounds, we think you’ll agree the results are very, very non-dumpster pleasant. (via The Brooklyn Home Company)
3. Vinyl Records: You know your dad has his fair share of Lawrence Welk records in his basement (or is that just my dad?). Put them to good use. Paint them white, string them together, and it will be wunnerful wunnerful (your parents will appreciate the reference). (via Apartment Therapy)
5. Pantyhose & Hoops: Get this: In the ‘70s, pantyhose crafting was, like, a thing. And we can’t help feeling like this little nylon know-how looks like something you might find hanging in Anthropologie. (via Cathy of California)
6. Eames Molded Plywood ($2,079): Is there anything that Ray and Charles made that wasn’t freaking perfect? (And freaking expensive?)
7. Ecortina: Maybe you remember when we introduced you to this living lattice. Well, we’re breaking it out again because… I mean, just look at the little heart-esque holders . Let the collective “awwing” commence! (via Brit + Co.)
8. Lego Wall: Guess how many Legos were used to build this wall. Guess! Guess! 55,000… that’s giving Zack the Lego Maniac a run for his money… and our pretty rad snap block process a run for its money too. (via Npire)
12. Vertical Living Wall: If you have a talent for keeping green things alive, go for a living all. We’ve even seen this style made with recycled two-liter bottles that look absolutely fab. (via Bee Bee Grace)
13. Macrame: Sally England makes these lovely macrame pieces of wall art that easily double as room separators, but we’re wondering how hard they would be to do ourselves… Anyone want to give it a go and let us know? (via Amber Interiors)
19. Hanging Window: We don’t know about you guys, but when we hit the flea market, old window frames are like a laser show to our eyes. We can’t look away. We want them. But in the past, we weren’t sure what to do with them. Now, we know. (via Jones Design Company)
22. Toilet Paper: We’re not sure what came first when designing this partition –– function or form? And we’re trying really hard not to say that it’s far from crappy. Did we really just say that? Yes, we did. (via Apartment Therapy)
24. Shoe Forms: You better believe we’re head over heels for this divider. It might be a bit more inspirational than something you’d actually take into your home, but whoever is brave enough to incorporate it into their abode is a step above the rest… we’ll stop now. (via My Dinners With Richard)
What dividers are coming together for you? Tell us in the comments below!