Every Can’t-Miss SAG Awards Red Carpet Beauty Moment (and How to Recreate Them)
The SAG Awards 2017 wasn’t all just about the fashion. We still can’t get over Claire Foy’s twisty chignon and Maisie Williams’ vampy lip. And can we talk about Sophia Bush’s punchy pink eye (using lipstick as eyeshadow)? Here, eight of our fave hair and makeup looks from Sunday night — and the key products you need to DIY.
1. Emma Stone: The SAG winner channeled Old Hollywood in an Alexander McQueen gown and Tiffany & Co. jewels. To draw attention to her gorgeous green eyes, makeup artist Rachel Goodwin opted for a rich emerald jewel tone, specifically Nars’ Eye Paint in Snake Eyes ($26). Softly curled, side-swept strands — courtesy of her go-to stylist Mara Roszak — complete this glam look. (Photo via Dan MacMedan/Getty)
2. Kerry Washington: On Sunday, Kerry (AKA Olivia Pope) stunned with sleek strands. To create this center-parted ‘do, hairstylist Takisha Sturdivant-Drew conditioned with Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask ($6) and used the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer ($399) to blow dry straight. (Check out @takishahair’s InstaVideo.) Her secret weapon? TSDHair extensions for extra length and fullness. And we’d be remiss if we didn’t mention her smoldering eye. Makeup artist Carola Gonzalez made it happen with Neutrogena Nourishing Long Wear Eye Shadow + Built-In Primer in Smoky Steel ($7) and Nourishing Eye Liner Cosmic Black ($6). (Photo via Steve Granitz/Getty)
3. Kirsten Dunst: To complement Kirsten’s Dior dress and intricate necklace, makeup artist Jillian Dempsey created a bold lip, using CHANEL Crayon de Couleur Jumbo Longwear Lip Crayon in Rouge ($37). “She has a beautiful smile, and I wanted to showcase that — and to complete the chic, effortless French look,” Jillian said. “I like working with this crayon because it’s easy to apply and lays down gorgeous, saturated color.” (Photo via Steve Granitz/Getty)
4. Tracee Ellis Ross: The Golden Globe winner wowed with a fierce AF fishtail braid. Celebrity hairstylist Larry Sims finished her ‘do with Smooth ‘N Shine Polishing Instant Repair Hair Polisher ($4) to get rid of flyaways and got2b Glam Force Hairspray ($7) for a firm hold. (Photo via Steve Granitz/Getty)
5. Bryce Dallas Howard: The Black Mirror star’s sleek, sophisticated updo was the perfect complement to the bright hues of her pout, jewelry and uber affordable Dress the Population gown. Celebrity hairstylist Adir Abergel first applied Virtue Polish Un-Frizz Cream ($40) throughout her hair to smooth and eliminate frizz. He created a deep side part and blow-dried strands with a large round brush for sleek, side-swept bangs. Next, he gathered hair into a low-slung ponytail a few inches below the nape of the neck, secured with a clear elastic and smoothed flyaways using Virtue One for All 6-in-1 Styler ($36). He flipped the pony upwards, then folded it over onto itself and secured into place with two Adir x Lelet NY barrettes, positioned at an angle for a modern twist. (Photo via Dan MacMedan/Getty)
6. Thandie Newton: The “Best Actor in a Drama Series” nominee for Westworld opted for a modern twist on old Hollywood glamour. To bring out her eyes, makeup artist Jo Strettell used a combination of the copper and brown shadows from the Lancôme Color Design 5 Pan Eyeshadow Palette in Kissed by Gold ($50). Multiple layers of Lancôme Monsieur Big Mascara (launching July 2017) on the top and bottom lashes really made her peepers pop. Try Lancôme Grandiose Extreme Mascara ($32) for similar results. (Photo via Dan MacMedan/Getty)
7. Chrissy Teigen: First off, can we talk about Teigen’s ombre moment?! To add femininity to her 70’s-esque tuxedo dress, hairstylist Giannandrea Marongiu styled her strands in cascading waves, using TRESemmé Beauty-Full Volume Touchable Bounce Mousse ($5), as well as the Beauty-Full Collection for major volume. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
8. Kaley Cuoco: Cuoco epitomized blushing beauty in her Marchesa dress and soft makeup. “Today it was all about the skin. Her dress is super theatrical and pastel, so for her makeup, we wanted to stay in the same vein, all glowy and light. I used barely any color, so it was really important that her skin was perfect today, more than anything else,” says makeup artist Jamie Greenberg. After prepping with Kiehl’s Micro-Blur Skin Perfector ($35), she buffed Suqqu Foundation ($66) all over the skin and Bobbi Brown Highlighting Powder in Pink Opal ($48) on her cheekbones. After that, she dabbed a little bit of Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Homecoming Pink ($30) on the apples of her cheeks. Then she dusted Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder ($38) all over her face and used St. Tropez 3-in-1 Sculpting Powder (available March 2017) to contour and give her a little bit of warmth. She finished with a little bit of NARS Blush in Power Play ($30) on her cheeks. (Photo via Dan MacMedan/Getty)
Follow us on Pinterest for more red carpet beauty.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)