Hollywood and hair go hand-in-hand. A-listers always seem to have flawless strands (take these fabulous Golden Globes hairstyles, for example), but it’s not like they roll out of bed looking perfectly polished (or deliberately undone, depending on the style). The secret behind their magnificent manes? Celeb hair stylists. Looking for some #hairinspiration? Treat your eyes (and your locks) to these must-follow Instagram accounts.
1. Mark Townsend: Hailee Steinfeld looked downright dreamy at the Golden Globes in her lilac princess-inspired gown and sweet updo. The self-proclaimed “hairstylist living out of a suitcase” is also the brains and blow dryer behind some of Minka Kelly and Ali Larter’s best looks.
2. Kristin Ess: Ess tends to the tresses of a serious list of celebs — Lucy Hale (she was responsible for her amazing star-dusted ‘do), Jenna Dewan-Tatum, Lauren Conrad and Debby Ryan (just to name a few). Her Insta account is the definition of #hairgoals, featuring pics upon pics of the loveliest locks in LA LA Land (or anywhere else for that matter). Let’s be honest: The chance for a behind-the-scenes view of Hale’s hair alone would be enough to make us follow her, and the rest is just icing on the cake. PS: Her first ever hair care line is launching exclusively at Target on January 22. We can’t freakin’ wait!
3. Aura Friedman: When it comes time for a fresh color, Lady Gaga, VS model Hannah Ferguson and NYC It girls call up hair colorist at Sally Hershberger Downtown, Aura Friedman. She documents her colorful (often rainbow-hued) adventures on her Insta.
4. Mara Roszak: The genius behind Emma Stone’s perfectly coiffed hair? Mara Roszak. The La La Land actress trusts her go-to stylist to get her trademark red hair looking fab for every important occasion. How much did you love the starlet’s chic chignon at the Golden Globes? How about her sleek locks at the Critics Choice Awards? Yep, you guessed it, all courtesy of Roszak. And did we mention all these pics are on her feed?
5. Jen Atkin: Who do Chrissy Teigen, Hailey Baldwin, Bella Hadid and the Kardashian klan trust with their tresses? Celeb stylist Jen Atkin. In fact, Teigen rocked the brand new Jen Atkin x Chloe + Isabel Small Deco Pavé Pin Set ($32) at the Golden Globes! Talk about brand loyalty.
6. Garen: Mega babes Taraji P. Henson, Amanda Seyfried, Kendall Jenner and Zoe Saldana trust their tresses to celeb hairstylist, salon owner and co-founder of R+Co. In case you missed it, Jenner’s 2016 lob was his handiwork. Bottom line: If you like chic celeb ‘dos and cute pups, you’ll flip over his Insta.
7. Ted Gibson: A-listers and high society dames alike turn to Ted when they need to get red carpet ready. The industry legend’s client list is a who’s who of Hollywood — from Priyanka Chopra and Idina Menzel to Lupita Nyong’o and Debra Messing.
8. Tracey Cunningham: Tracey Cunningham is a Redken Creative Consultant and Owner of Mèche Salon Los Angeles — not to mention one of the most in-demand set of hands in the business. No wonder her star-studded client list includes Sarah Paulson and Jennifer Lopez.
9. Jenny Cho: Cho styles the strands of the likes of Jennifer Lawrence, Gal Gadot and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley. This bi-coastal hair whisperer travels from NY to LA making sure the manes of these goddesses remain gorgeous at all times.
10. Sarah Potempa: Potempa counts Lea Michele (she just gave the former Glee star her fresh bangs) and Kendall Jenner among her loyal clients. BTW, she’s the inventor of the beachwaver (the official hair tool of the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show). She treats her 113 thousand Insta followers to backstage access that mere mortals can only dream of.
11. Harry Josh: Harry Josh is one of the most sought-after editorial stylists on the planet. A quick scroll through his Insta and you can see a bevy of beauties, among them Emily Ratajkowski, Lily Aldridge and Karlie Kloss. Having major strand envy? You’re not alone. At least you can capture some of his magic with his line of Harry Josh Pro Tools.
Follow us on Pinterest for more hair inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.