9 Sweet and Safe Sandals for Your Tot
Spring has sprung, and summer is right around the corner, which means it’s time to pack away the winter wear and set your sights on building your kiddo’s warm-weather wardrobe. Along with the obvious shorts and tees, your tot also needs something other than their well-worn snow boots to put on their feet. Forget about fancy-schmancy thongs that cost more than your seasonal pool pass: These tot-friendly finds are affordable, easy to put on, and safe for kiddos who are still developing their coordination.
1. Tiny TOMS Viv ($36): These Tiny TOMS sandals are just what you’d expect from the fab footwear maker. Designed for kids ages one through five, this vegan pick is made with both form and function in mind.
2. Under Armour Preschool UA Fat Tire II ($38): Not only does stretchable spandex gives these sandals the perfect fit, but the movable material makes them easy to get on and off. The extra-thick treads provide plenty of traction for your on-the-go tot, while the back strap helps to keep the shoes put.
3. Birkenstock Milano Essentials Kids ($30): This pint-sized pick may look like the real deal, but the kids’ version is made with super-flexible EVA rather than the adult model’s cork. The odor-neutral synthetic material is shock absorbent and waterproof too.
4. Teva Hurricane XLT 2 ($35): Water-ready and made for running, these sandals provide plenty of traction for your tot’s outdoor playdates. It also comes in a variety of colorful patterns, including this cheery strawberry print, so they can pick the one they like best.
5. Nike Sunray Protect 2 ($36): Keep your child’s feet safe in the sand, on the street, or in the water with this sandal. The dual hook-and-loop straps add an extra layer of ease, making it easy to get these shoes on and off without a tantrum.
6. Stride Rite Millie Sandal ($44): Chances are you had your very own pair of Stride Rite sandals as a tot. Now your little one can have their turn with these sweet strap-backed shoes.
7. Angel Shoes Billy EVA Fisherman ($16): Don’t worry if you’re not into fishing: Your kid can wear this stylish but sturdy sandal almost anywhere. This pick is lightweight, flexible, and easy to fit on their feet.
8. Crocs Crocband II ($30): The iconic brand has the perfect pair for your tiny tot’s feet. The flexible surface is comfy, and the back strap will keep these sandals on all day long (or at least until your curious tot figures out how to take them off).
9. Carter’s Kids Zyntec ($19): Keep your kiddo’s feet strapped securely with these athletic sandals. Think sneakers, but in a more summer-friendly form.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.