Say Goodbye to 2016 With This 10 Film Movie Marathon
We made it through 2016, everyone! But after an exhaustive year, we totally understand if you don’t feel like getting out and seeing this it off with an elaborate party. If your preferences for this December 31 err more on the side of comfort, we’ve got you covered. This year, say goodbye to 2016 from the comfort of your couch with these 10 movies worth streaming this weekend. We’ll see you in 2017, everyone.
1. Captain America: Civil War on Netflix: Prepare for the year ahead by getting inspired by super heroes. This epic adventure pits Captain America and Iron Man against each other and will help you soar into 2017 with adrenaline levels pumping. (Photo via Marvel)
2. Iron Man on Hulu: Relive Robert Downey, Jr.’s OG turn as Tony Stark-turned-Iron Man. The 2008 flick also starred Gwyneth Paltrow and Jeff Bridges. (Photo via Marvel)
RUN AWAY TO INDIA
3. Big in Bollywood on Netflix: When an American guy lands a huge role in a Bollywood flick, four of his buddies flew out there to learn more about the film industry. This documentary was a huge hit when it premiered in India in 2011, and now it’s ready for American audiences to learn more about the country’s HUGE film industry.
4. When Hari Got Married on Netflix: This funny 2013 documentary starts when Hari, a taxi-driver, has arranged to marry a girl he has never met. It’s an interesting look at what happens when traditional and modern India meet, clash and (eventually) blend. (Photo via PBS)
5. Cafe Society on Amazon: Woody Allen’s latest — starring Kristen Stewart, Jesse Eisenberg, Steve Carrel, Blake Lively and so, so many more — is now available for streaming on Amazon. If you weren’t able to check it out in theaters this summer, now’s your chance to get behind the old Hollywood glamour. (Photo via Lionsgate)
6. Hail, Caesar! on HBO: This Coen Brothers flick is one of the silliest they’ve ever put out — but don’t think that silly means not worthwhile. This movie stars George Clooney as an actor during the red list Hollywood scare, but also has a scene where Channing Tatum is a tap-dancing sailor. (Photo via Universal Pictures)
LIFE IS A FUNNY THING
7. Every Brilliant Thing on HBO: This poignant recording of a one-man play is about a boy who writes a list of “every brilliant thing” in life and leaves it for his mother after her suicide attempt. The list grows as he gets older and the jokes only get funnier and equally sad from there. (Photo via HBO)
8. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot on Hulu: Tina Fey plays a war correspondent in Afghanistan. But don’t think things get too serious — this is a Tina Fey movie, after all. The all-star cast also includes Margot Robbie, Martin Freeman, Alfred Molina and Billy Bob Thornton. (Photo via Paramount Pictures)
THROW IT BACK
9. Twin Peaks on Showtime: We’ve been waiting all year for this one. If you were a fan of the ’90s cult classic, David Lynch is retuning to Twin Peaks with a mega-cast we’ve been dying to see. Maybe we’ll finally all find out once and for all what happened to Laura Palmer. (Photo via Showtime)
10. Say Anything… on HBO: This John Cusack classic is expiring from HBO on December 31, so now is your last chance to stream it online. And no, HBO won’t put it back on the air, even if you stand outside their window with a boombox.
What are your New Years’ plans? Let us know @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Lionsgate)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)