10 Work-Ready, Olivia Pope-Approved Looks from the “Scandal” Clothing Line
There’s no reason to hunt for a fall-ready work wardrobe — that’s been handled by the gladiators at The Limited, who teamed up with the TV show Scandal for a fashion collaboration available in stores and online starting September 23. And yes, for those of you counting down the days until you find out Where on earth is Olivia Pope, the collection drops just two days before the show’s season four premiere.
While that date is one loooong week away, today The Limited has released the lookbook full of the 42 Olivia Pope-approved pieces, which both Kerry Washington and Scandal costume designer, Lyn Paolo had a hand in shaping. Priced from $49 to $248, the collection is everything a gladiator-in-training could ask for, including sleek cream trousers, chic necktie blouses and, of course, power coats for days — from checked capes to pastel wrap coats to gray belted jackets (and the elbow-length gloves to match).
There’s no doubt the show-inspired line will be an absolute hero to your 9-to-5 look — get a first glimpse at the 10 must-have outfits that channel Liv’s iconic confident style.
1. New Neutrals: Liv’s preferred neutrals are decidedly more feminine, think: blush pinks, dusty blues and rich grays that will add just the right amount of punch to your power suit.
2. Suit Alternatives: Ditch the blazer — you can still look like a #GirlBoss in these boardroom-ready jackets. Details like a button neck and peplum high pleat make us *actually* want to get dressed for work.
3. Wear (the) White (Hat): Be the go-to good girl in head-to-toe white, Olivia’s signature hue. A long metallic necklace will dress up the look just fine, though there are always those gloves…
4. Sophisticated Separates: Liv is known for living in not-so-basic basics, and now it’s your turn to take a spin in next-level separates like chic blouses and flared-to-perfection trousers.
5. Statement Outerwear: Those coats! They’ll add instant polish to any outfit when you’re dashing out the door to save the day. Toss it on, wrap it, work it.
Which pieces from the Scandal collection are basically in your virtual cart already? What are your favorite aspects of Olivia Pope’s style? Are you SO FREAKING PUMPED for Scandal‘s premiere? Tell us in the comments below.
(h/t + photos Racked)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)