17 Seasonal Fig Recipes to Make Right This Sec
Is it just us, or do figs seem a little more elevated than your average everyday fruits? Sure, apples make one mean humble pie and cherries know how to rock a tart, but when the two sit next to a fig, you see pretty and plain vs… well… ugly. Yet somehow you want to eat and cook all the things with that bag full of seeds. If we’re all on the same page (and we’ll assume we are), let’s look at the 17 best new ways to cook with figs these days.
1. Strawberry Shake With Homemade Roasted Nut Milk: There’s no way this vegan and gluten-free sippable could even be half as sweet without a little help from our friend, the fig. (via Cloudberries and Spice)
3. Biscuits Stuffed With Fig Jam: This recipes was originally created to treat your mom to an at-home high tea on Mother’s Day… and really, we think everyday should be Mother’s Day. (via Delicies d’Orient)
4. Sticky Fig BBQ Tempeh: It’s summer, meaning we be BBQing. Don’t leave your meat-free friends out of the festivities. Grill them up some tempeh, slathered in sticky fig barbecue sauce. (via Nutrition Stripped)
8. Fig, Candied Orange and Rosemary Hot Cross Buns: Hot crossed buns are not reserved for springtime eating. Not when they’re laced with figs and sugar-coated oranges and sprinkled with rosemary. (via From My Dining Table)
9. Fig, Green Bean and Radicchio Salad With Hazelnuts: If you’re officially sick of summer salads, get ready to be unsick of them. Blanch those green beans and top them all off with not one, but two types of cheese. (via Gourmande in The Kitchen)
10. Duck Prosciutto With Fig Onion Jam: Fig, you fancy, huh? This recipe walks you through the process of making duck prosciutto, then gives you half a dozen ideas on how to eat it. We’ll just be dunking ours straight into fig onion jam, then plopping it into our mouths, thank you very much. (via Wild Greens and Sardines)
13. White Chocolate Yoghurt Pots With Black Plum and Roasted Fig: Four ingredients later and this happened. (via Simmer + Boyle)
How are you getting figgy wit it? Let us know in the comments below!