11 Products That Give Your Hair Major Shine
Think back on some of your childhood hair crushes. Whether it was your favorite Friends character or an animated Disney princess, there’s one thing all these gorgeous gals have in common. No, we’re not talking about a team of stylists (though that certainly helps); we’re talking about seriously glossy strands. Shiny, healthy-looking locks are key to achieving a red carpet-worthy ‘do, and while looking like these superstars on a daily basis would take a whole lot more time and effort than we’re willing to part with, there are plenty of products that’ll get your mane looking gorgeously glossy in no time flat. Scroll on for 11 fab products to get your hair shine on.
1. Verb Ghost Oil ($14): If the intriguing name didn’t pull you in, the exotic blend of oils sure will. A few spritzes of this restorative formula will fight frizz and give your hair endless amounts of shine.
2. Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil ($40): For a fresh-from-the-salon feel, run a few drops of this lightweight oil from roots to tip. Your locks will feel smoother, softer and shiny af.
3. R + Co Tinsel Smoothing Oil ($24): If the on-the-nose name of this smoothing oil is any indication, it’ll have your hair shining like tinsel. After spritzing on your locks, brush it through to make sure the product is distributed evenly for maximum sheen.
4. Alterna Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Dry Mist ($25): For gals with oily hair who shy away from heavy products, this one is a lifesaver. The dry oil mist is basically weightless, adding a gorgeous sheen to your mane without any excess oil.
5. Mermaid Hair Shine Spray ($28): Any product that promises mermaid-worthy tresses is a must-add to our shopping carts. This spray will have you looking like a siren in no time flat, and the coconut and orange blossom scent is to die for.
6. Captain Blankenship Golden Waves Sea Salt Shimmer Spray ($28): This hair spray takes the notion of shiny locks quite literally, dousing your tresses in a subtle gold shimmer. The glam product also contains nourishing Aloe vera gel, leaving your hair looking especially healthy and soft.
7. Christophe Robin Regenerating Plant Oil With Rare Prickly Pear Seed Oil ($58): Prickly pear seed oil is not only an effective regenerating ingredient for your skin, but it provides similar benefits for your locks. Treat your tresses to a bit of this quick-absorbing spray for happy, revitalized strands.
8. Oribe Gold Lust Nourishing Hair Oil ($52): Okay, any hair product with “gold” in the title basically wins us over outright. But when it comes from cult haircare brand Oribe, we’re especially intrigued. This nourishing hair oil offers a serious dose of hydration and health, with ingredients like argan and jasmine oils. The result is hair that will shine like, well, gold.
9. Ouai Finishing Creme ($24): Ouai is the hair industry’s newest kid on the block. Created by Jen Atkin — hairstylist to celebs like Khloe Kardashian — this finishing creme is a lightweight lotion that moisturizes dry ends and gives your locks a lived-in shine worthy of the red carpet.
10. Living Proof Perfect Hair Day 5-in-1 Styling Treatment ($27): This gem comes from Living Proof, a brand co-owned by the hair queen herself, Jennifer Aniston. That alone has us wanting a bottle, but it’s the carefully chosen ingredients that really hit home. The five-in-one treatment delivers volume, smoothness, conditioning, strength and polish. So, basically, it gives you a perfect hair day, as promised.
11. Yarok Feed Your Ends Leave-in Conditioner ($27): With a 100% vegan formula, this is the perfect pick for any green beauty lover. The leave-in conditioner manages to tame unruly hair, providing it with a plethora of benefits like heat protection, smoothness and a healthy radiance that’ll be sure to turn heads.
Follow us on Pinterest for more drop dead gorgeous beauty inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.