Okay, so it may not feel quite like winter coat weather yet, but that’s exactly why you should start planning your outerwear situation now. There’s nothing worse than getting caught in the middle of a cold snap with an old, tired topper because you didn’t think ahead. (Well, maybe there are a few things that are worse than that, but you know what we mean.) Get a jump on the jacket thing now — specifically, the shearling jacket thing. Everyone from Marc Jacobs to Proenza Schouler to Yeezy sent this cozy trend down their fall runways, so needless to say, once the temperatures cool down, you can expect to see it everywhere. Want to be ahead of the fashion curve? We thought so. Ahead, nine swoon-worthy styles that are sure to give you that warm and fuzzy feeling.
1. Mother Shearling Jacket ($345): Get your ’70s on in a creamy, double-breasted retro style worthy of Jackie Burkhart. So groovy.
2. River Island Yellow Faux Shearling Trucker Jacket ($150): Yes, you can rock the trend in a bold hue. In fact, if you regularly do the neutral thing, this instant outfit brightener might be just what your wardrobe needs.
4. Avec Les Filles Oversized Faux Shearling Moto Jacket ($199): Girly meets edgy? Yes, please. A moto style in soft pink is the outerwear piece you didn’t even know you needed.
6. Bella Dahl Faux Shearling Moto Jacket ($172): Jean queens, unite! A denim shearling exists, and yes, we all need one.
7. ASOS Faux Shearling Coat ($111): This toasty topper is a total winter wardrobe win. Just throw on top of any outfit for a luxurious look at a wallet-friendly price.
8. Joie Danay Faux Shearling Vest ($398): For days when you need a little layering, but not total coverage, slip into a sleeveless version of the outerwear trend.
9. Scripted Faux Shearling Varsity Jacket ($225): Try a wooly version of the bomber; the sporty style goes super snuggly without losing the cool factor.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.