20 Non-Traditional Tea-Length Wedding Dresses
If you’re a bride who craves a wedding dress that’s easy to wear without sacrificing glamour, style or your personality, look no further; we’ve found 20 short head-turners just for you. Besides, why follow tradition with that long, heavy gown when you can keep it light and airy? Cutting the length also means you can flaunt your bright and beautiful kicks, along with that sparkly pedi. And with prices that run the gamut from super affordable to “available upon request,” it doesn’t matter if you’re planning a soiree that’s budget-friendly or rivals Kimye’s. Did we already mention you get to show off your shoes? We’re sold.
1. Etoile by Ouma ($460): Jaws will drop when you walk down the aisle in this glittery gold stunner. Be the fairy you always wanted to be, as you traipse in the layers of white and ivory tulle. We’re also kinda obsessed with those mint heels.
2. Mustang Sally Tea Length Wedding Dress ($875): Adorable taffeta ruffles, a flattering sweetheart neckline and an elegant tea length? What more could you possibly ask for?
3. Short-Sleeve Floral Crochet Bodycon Dress ($28): If you’re concerned about your budget, it doesn’t get much better than $28 for a wedding dress. This non-traditional bodycon dress would be perfect for a summer wedding, and it definitely won’t hinder your dance moves.
4. Embellished Mesh Cocktail Dress ($148): Perfect for the Art Deco-inspired bride who craves glam and sparkle, this dress from Pisarro Nights will have you doing the Charleston all night long. If you’re a bride who does things her way, this dress is calling your name.
5. Embellished Dress With Angel Sleeve ($47): From the ASOS CURVE line, this fit and flare dress comes in a gorgeous creamy color with a wonderfully twirly skirt. The embellished shoulders and angel sleeves add just the right dose of elegance, making it perfect for saying “I do.”
6. Lucielle 3D Floral Organza Dress ($417): Fanciful flower appliqués pop out of this Erin Fetherston piece to create a unique, enchanting dress for the off-beat whimsical bride. A perfectly pale shade of pink, this dress also pulls off a tulle skirt that’s full, but not too full, you know?
7. Cotton Crochet and Sheer Lace Collage Dress ($528): Show a little skin in a playful, understated way, with alternating panels of lace and cotton. Both easy to wear and artfully styled, this dress is for the bride looking to make a subtle-but-gorgeous impression.
8. Renaissance Court Lace Ivory Dress ($46): This romantic bodycon dress is simply beautiful with that intricate detailing at the neckline. But even more than that, we’re totally head over heels with the dramatic back topped with a bow.
9. Gianna Dress (Price N/A): The bespoke dresses from Vintage Atelier are stunning in their simplicity and artistry. The Gianna’s sheer tulle over the shoulders and layered tulle for the skirt — all accentuated with a sparkly belt — have us swooning.
10. Jasmin by Ouma ($422): A playful dress with a flattering silhouette, the Jasmin has a skirt that’ll make you want to twirl around and around all night long. A low-cut back shows just the right amount of skin, while the easy-to-wear style will keep you comfortable throughout the ceremony and the reception.
11. Alma Dress ($850): In a dreamy almond color, this silky satin dress features a sheer back and embroidered bodice. Designed by Catherine Deane, this dress is ideal for any bride looking to buck traditional-style wedding trends while still staying super classy and gorgeous.
12. Short Embellished Wedding Dress ($830): A one-of-kind piece from the Arjan B Weightless Collection, this dress is crafted from embroidered silk, tulle and crepe de Chine. For a bride with a unique style all her own, this dress will have everyone wondering where you found it.
13. Rosalie Dress ($2,348): Composed of hand-draped silk organza, the Rosalie, handmade by Project Runway-winner Leanne Marshall, features asymmetrical draping that’s subtly higher in the front than the back to add major flow to the dress. And that delicate shade of blush will flatter any skintone.
14. Passementerie Seashell Drop Waist Dress ($508): So, we’ll admit it: We had to Google passementerie too, and we learned that it’s actually the name of the style of appliqué that covers this impressive dress. The drop waist makes for a striking silhouette that your guests never saw coming.
15. Luna Dress (Price N/A): Another bespoke dress from Vintage Atelier, the Luna is so beautifully unique. Fashion forward and romantically vintage at the same time, the Luna has details we just can’t get over, from the intricate sheer sleeves to the skirt’s layers upon layers.
16. Zimmermann Semi-Sheer Lace Embroidery Ball Dress ($1650): Make a statement in this embroidered lace dress. Bohemian without being frumpy, this dress is not for the shy bride. But don’t worry, it comes with a slip to wear underneath.
17. Josie by Ouma ($1420): An amazing fashion-forward, purple-grey number, this dress is handmade to order and comes complete with hand-sewn pleats. All the pouf without the weight, the dress features asymmetrical tulle draping and a hand-dyed silk charmeuse sash.
18. Marcia Dress ($320): Designed by Yoana Baraschi, this little ivory dress is a bit boho and a bit mod, but altogether breathtaking. With intricate tulle embroidery to make it super chic, this dress will make the decision to go short an easy one.
19. Watters Hyacinth Top and Aster Skirt LWD ($280): Would you have ever guessed this was a top and skirt? The separate pieces ensure a comfortable, perfect fit, while the ivory lace and ivory satin will keep you looking elegant and edgy at the same time.
20. Krikor Jabotian’s Closure Collection (Price N/A): Based in Beirut, designer Krikor Jabotian designed for Elie Saab before starting his own atelier at the age of 23. His designs, like this one from his collection entitled Closure, will make any bride stand apart from the rest.
Are you as obsessed with short wedding dresses as we are now, or what? Let us know in the comments!