Tulle is no longer just for ballerinas. From overly feminine dresses and skirts to styles with a little bit of an edge, tulle can be incredibly versatile and act as a great addition to every girl’s wardrobe. We’ll prove it! Get ready to embrace your inner princess with these 10 ways to incorporate tulle into your closet. Let the twirling commence now.
1. Aqua Jersey Dress ($78): This dress is a little Black Swan-esque, but that’s not a bad thing. Add a leather jacket for an edge, or pair it with a loose sweater to soften the look.
2. Valentino Embroidered Pink Skirt ($571): Pink, lace and tulle — does it get anymore feminine than that?
3. Twenty8Twelve Top ($151): If you think you’re too cool for tulle, skip the skirt and wear this edgy top instead.
4. Asos Lace Dress With Collar ($112): Prepster and ballerina collide in this pretty Peter Pan collar dress.
5. Red Valentino Ruffled Knit Dress ($650): Red Valentino is infamous for its feminine styles, and you can’t go wrong with this tiered knit dress.
7. Alice + Oliva Embroidered Dress ($595): Grab this dress and you’re ready for nearly any party this season. Oh, and you can totally add a denim jacket to play it down and make it appropriate for day wear.
8. Alice + Oliva Lace Shorts ($385): Here’s another piece that can be dressed up for the evening or dressed down with a denim jacket and a pair of flats.
9. Milly Sequin Skirt ($295): We love glitter and sequins, and we especially love it with tulle.
10. ModCloth Skirt ($65): You always see the street style stars wearing simple, tulle skirts, and with this pick, you can be one too.
Which is your favorite way to wear tulle? Let us know below.