Drop It Like It’s Hot! 21 Ways to Wear Drop Waist Dresses
You read that right: Drop waist dresses are back in action, and that means good news for all. Not only are these dresses super cute, but they’re figure-flattering, too. The dropped waistline elongates the appearance of your torso, making you look taller… and that’s something everyone can get behind! Here are 21 trendy dresses that’ll make you want to jump on the drop waist bandwagon ASAP.
1. Geneva Drop Waist Dress ($198): Enlarged floral prints have been on the fashion radar more and more lately, and we’re definitely not complaining. While large-scale prints normally feel more young and quirky, this beauty leans toward the formal side.
2. Shift Dress With Dropped Waist ($73): This is one of our favorites because of its versatility. A light scarf and sandals would make it casual, while heels and a statement necklace would make you the belle of the ball.
3. Selma Checkered Dress ($348): This checkered print is so unique — we just HAD to share it with y’all. It’s a perfect example of that torso-elongating effect we mentioned earlier.
5. Crepe Dress With Tie Belt ($473): The design of this dress is pretty interesting because the tie belt accentuates the waist, even though it’s a drop waist dress. Turns out you can have both!
6. Quatrain Dress ($60): …Because you can never have too many LBDs. ‘Nuff said.
7. Chelsea Girl Mixed Print Dress ($29): How’s this for mixing prints? This dress solves everything for all of us indecisive folks.
8. Striped Drop Waist Dress ($75): This casual striped dress is the perfect piece for a summer weekend, whether you’re taking a day trip or hanging close to home.
9. Vintage Flora Dress ($298): That’s right, there are midi-length drop waist dresses, too! This one falls just below the natural waist. The artsy and colorful flowers against the dark background give this dress a cool Alice in Wonderland vibe.
13. Sabine Dress ($228): The cool thing about this subtle polka dot dress is that they sort-of blend in with the background. It gives the dress a cute and textured look.
14. Vintage Dress With Dropped Waist + Embroidery ($124): Non-traditional wedding dresses are a big thing nowadays, and this vintage frock certainly fits the bill. We’d totally wear it with a fresh flower crown.
15. Printed Drop Waist Dress ($147): Everyone loves a good kaleidoscopic floral print, especially when it’s this adorable.
16. Drop Waist Tee Tunic ($64): We love this drop waist version of a t-shirt dress. Who can say no to an easy, breezy piece that you could rock all year? Not us!
17. Peplum Frill Shift Dress ($37): Alright, it’s official: This is our new favorite shade of blue.
18. Pixel Embroidered Drop Waist Dress ($28): Real flowers are always nice, but our tech-lovin’ hearts just can’t get enough of a pixelated bouquet.
21. Chelsea Girl Dropped Waist Floral Dress ($33): We heart mixed prints! This whimsical dress is a great pick for any casual summer outing.
What do you think of the drop waist trend? Tell us in the comments below!