25 Wedding Hairstyles for Short Hair
Just because you’re tying the knot doesn’t mean you have to grow your hair or get extensions. You should wear your hair the way you love it. And if you have a pixie cut or short hair, don’t panic about your big day ‘do. We’ve pulled together 25 ideas that will be perfect for your wedding.
4. Beachy Waves: Let your hair down and look fresh with this beachy air-dried look. Do you love her dress as much as we do? Get your own gold accents to shine on your big day! (via Green Wedding Shoes)
7. Greenery: Add a little bit of greenery for a natural look. With a French braid and some bobby pins, give the look of an elegant updo. Want those eyelashes, too? (We do!) Grow your natural lashes and make them pop for perfect eye-catching style! (via Style Me Pretty)
8. Veil It On: Super short-haired girls who still want something frilly on top for their big day should opt for a stand-out veil to top their tresses. We love one that features embellishments like crystals and pearls to mimic hair accessories. (via Afrobella)
9. Lace Band: Cover your short strands with a thick lace headband to add an elegant, vintage feel to your bridal look. This style is particularly stunning on girls rocking the chin-length bob. (via Bridal Musings)
11. Tousled + Twisted Updo: This one is for all you flat iron pros. After curling your hair away from your face, twist the pieces back and pin in place. Keep twisting and pinning until all your strands are accounted for. Be sure to pull out some strandss for that perfectly tousled look! (via Brit + Co)
15. Princess Bride: It’s official: tiaras can look elegant on your wedding day — it all comes down to finding the right design (like this Art Deco-inspired number) and donning it with the right ‘do, like effortlessly teased curls. (via Rock My Wedding)
17. Gold Leaf: Want the jaws to drop at the sight of your big day ‘do? Gold leaf your tresses (to match the color of your band, of course!) and mimic the metallic sheen in your makeup too. (via Pacific Weddings)
18. Knotty Crown: What better day to wear a knotty hairdo than when you’re tying the knot? After assembling a series of loose knots around your head, this half-up ‘do looks like a fun and different French braid. (via Brit + Co)
19. Accessory-Free: Seriously short-haired girls, you don’t have to do ANYTHING out of the ordinary to look absolutely stunning on your big day. And everyone with hair past their ears envies you for this. (via Bridal Musings)
20. Vintage-Inspired: Backcomb your hair and create a perfect pinup curl in the front with a careful twist and a few bobby pins. We love the look with the bride’s perfect pink lips and cheeks. (via Style Me Pretty)
22. Single Flower: A single flower just might add the oomph you need to take your curls to the next level. Skip the silk petals and ask your florist to snap a fully bloomed bud from your bouquet bunch. (via Style Me Pretty)
23. Boho Bands: We’re all a little blinded by flower crowns these days, but let’s not forget that delicate headbands can also add definite boho flair when worn like this. Be sure to layer on the bands for an extra luxe look. (via Wedding Hairstyle Ideas)
24. Rhinestone Bow: We’re obsessed with this short hair style for a more casual ceremony. Think: City Hall setting, short dress and a sophisticated bow accenting that just-as-short ‘do. (Best Wedding Decoration Ideas)
Are you planning for your big day? What hair style will you go with? Tell us in the comments below!
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!