10 Ways to Extend Your Natural Lashes
We all want longer lashes without dealing with all that glue and cutting. (Ain’t nobody got time for that!) But don’t cover up your natural lashes; just elongate them! We’ve put together 10 easy tips for you to get fuller, longer lashes that will enhance all those eyeshadow looks you’ve been mastering. Paired with the perfect red lips, you’ll be looking fresh and bold in no time!
1. Baby Powder: This tip is easy to incorporate into your lash routine and only has a few simple steps! After curling your lashes, apply a couple of coats of mascara. Then, dip a Q-tip into baby powder and coat your upper and lower lashes. They’ll look grey when covered. Don’t panic! Apply a final coat of mascara over your lashes. Presto! You’ll have fuller, thicker looking lashes that will appear almost doubled in size! (via Harpers Bazaar)
2. Lip Balm: Prep your eyelashes with lip balm! Begin in the inner eye and spread the lip balm to the edge of your eye, making sure that your skin gets some moisture as well. Then, use an eyelash curler to curl your lashes before applying mascara. Not only will the balm help your lashes curl, the natural oils will help them grow longer and stay strong over time! Hint: For best results, use flavored lip balm. (via Beautiful Shoes)
3. Mascara (and Lots of It!): Mascara is a great way to finish off a look and draw attention to your eyes. Use a lengthening and thickening mascara for extra bold lashes. We’re currently loving this lash wax from Ardency Inn ($24) and this Dior XXL mascara ($25). Tired of runny makeup? Check out our summer-proof makeup tips for a long-lasting look year ’round. (via Makeup Geek)
4. Olive Oil: Incorporate olive oil into your nighttime routine. Dab a little bit on your eye lashes each night for longer lashes. Olive oil is full of nutrients that will replenish and strengthen your lashes. You can use any leftover oil to make these DIY hair moisturizers. (via Free People)
5. Eyelash Curler: Use an eyelash curler for lashes that pop! It only takes about 10 seconds per eye and creates a curl that lasts all day. Start at the base of your lashes, carefully avoiding your skin, and clamp for three seconds. Then, move to the middle of your lashes and repeat. To achieve a natural-looking curl, clamp for a final couple of second at the tip of your lashes. (via Makeup Geek)
6. Heated Eyelash Curler: We love finding new uses for our hair dryers, and this trick takes only three seconds (really)! Because heat creates curl better than non-heated objects, this trick creates a similar result to what your curling iron does for your hair. Tip: Be careful not to get your curler too hot or it may burn you, and always curl your lashes before you apply mascara to avoid breaking off your hardened lashes. (via wikiHow)
7. Petroleum Jelly: Using petroleum jelly at night will help your lashes grow longer in weeks! Remember our lip balm and olive oil tricks? Petroleum jelly is also full of nutrients that will moisturize, condition and strengthen your lashes. The nutrients will also generate thicker lashes over time. Use a mascara brush to apply the jelly. For more petroleum jelly uses, check out these DIY lip balms! (via Beautiful Shoes)
9. Brush Your Lashes: When you brush your hair, don’t forget about brushing your lashes! Just like the hair on your head, your lashes need to be brushed to remove any dead hairs and straighten out the strong ones. The brushing will also encourage growth, leading to longer lashes. (via Free People)
10. Wash Gently: It is important to remove all of your makeup when washing your face, but be careful not to scrub your eyes too hard. Be gentle around your lashes to prevent losing them. (via Become Gorgeous)
Love long lashes? Which of these tips is your go-to? Tell us in the comments below!