You’ve already busted out the sweaters and started obsessing over your Halloween costume. Now, it’s time to get together and get boozy. But while you can’t exactly post up around the patio, you can heat up some delicious drinks in your crock pot that are perfect for cold weather parties. Here are 13 recipes to keep you warm this winter.
1. Peppermint Hot Chocolate: This cozy classic spiked with Bailey’s is a delicious fireside treat. The mint and booze give it a grown-up edge. (via Culinary Concoctions by Peabody)
2. Cranberry Wassails: Cranberries are in their element this season. Embrace them wholeheartedly with this foliage-hued cocktail. (Healthy Aperture)
3. Buttered Rum Horchata: Note that if you make these, the cute cups are a must. Buttered rum and horchata make up the combination of our dreams. (via Shake Bake and Party)
4. Apple Cider Hot Toddies: Looking for a deviation on orchard cider? These spiced hot toddies will warm you up just as well. (via The Little Epicurean)
5. S’mores Hot Chocolate: Hot chocolate, s’mores and booze? With a mashup like that, you definitely can’t lose. (via She Knows)
6. Crockpot Cranberry Orange Mulled Wine: For every dinner party from now till the New Year, be sure to have some mulled wine on hand. This iteration with oranges and cranberries has us so stoked for chilly evenings with friends. (via Kitchen Treaty)
7. Irish Cream Coffee: Don’t just serve regs coffee with dessert. Coffee + Bailey’s = a way wonderful after dinner treat. (via Get Crocked)
8. Cinnamon Pumpkin Toddy: Before the tragedy of the canned pumpkin shortage strikes, be sure to set some aside for a toddy that’s more or less fall in a glass. (via BHG)
9. Gluhwein: This German mulled cider is everything we love about sangria and spiced drinks combined. Sip this wonderfully complex drink after pumpkin carving. (via Tidy Mom)
10. Egg Nog Cocoa: What do egg nog and cocoa have in common? Both are delicious, and even better together. (via Shugary Sweet)
11. Hot Buttered Rum: When you cook this up, YUM becomes the word of the day. Don’t say you haven’t been warned. (via Cooks with Cocktails)
12. Winter Rose Sangria: Rose doesn’t have to be just for summer. This sangria features it and is total perfection all winter long. (via Betty Crocker)
13. Mulled Wine: Make this classic for Thanksgiving, and prepare to be more appreciated by your family than ever before. This is sure to be your Black Friday go-to. (via The View from Great Island)
What’s your favorite cool weather drink? Share your recipes with us on Facebook!