13 Ways to Take Yo’ Self on a Date
With wedding season giving us a plus-one hangover, it may seem like everyone is starting a new relationship or tying the knot these days. But studies and Aziz Ansari books are showing that millennials are choosing to get married much later than usual, so if you’re feeling more single than ever, know that you’re LITERALLY not alone. Single ladies, put down the Tinder and go ahead and treat yo’ self to a one-on-one date with the most important person in your life: you! As RuPaul says, “If you don’t love yourself, how in the hell are you gonna love somebody else?”
1. Visit an amusement park. This probably sounds like a scary feat to tackle alone, but think about it: When you go it alone, you can take in all of the rides you want to, and probably make it to the front on more than one occasion. (Photo via Johannes Simon/Getty)
2. Treat yourself to an afternoon lunch. Go ahead and visit your favorite restaurant or try out something new. The best part? You won’t have to share your treats with anyone but Y-O-U.
Teach yourself something new.
Brit + Co shop to learn from the comfort of your own home.
4. Go see your favorite band in concert. Grab a drink and take in the music of one of your favorite artists. No one will judge you for loudly singing along. (Photo via Neilson Barnard/Getty)
Go for a bra fitting and buy yourself pretty lingerie.
6. Go for a hike. Become one with nature by taking a solo nature walk or hike. You’ll get the chance to clear your mind while taking in some beautiful scenery. (Photo via David McNew/Getty)
7. Visit your local flea market. If you’re looking to redecorate or are just shopping for fun, you’re sure to uncover some great vintage finds on your trip. And if you go it alone, you don’t have to have that awkward conversation about who saw that fab ’60s table set first. (Photo via Sean Gallup/Getty)
Get a haircut.
here for some hair-styling inspiration. (Photo via Stuart Wilson/Getty)
9. Go to the theater. Get yourself glammed up and go to see a local play or visiting Broadway performance. The best part about going to the theater is that regardless of your taste — comedy, musical or drama — you’re sure to find a plethora of acts to enjoy. (Photo via Giuseppe Cacace/Getty)
10. Take a wine tasting class. Are you the type that usually goes to the grocery store with uncertainty about what wine you prefer? Taking a wine tasting class will give you a better idea. (Photo via Carlos Barrios/Getty)
11. Visit an art gallery. Get your creative juices flowing by checking out an exhibit at your local museum or art gallery. Bring a sketchbook and jot down whatever inspires you. You never know what ideas you’ll come up with! (Photo via Bethany Clarke/Getty)