Just like everything else, engagement ring trends wax and wane in popularity, and it seems like indie, boho and non-traditional rings get all the attention. But according to Sparkly, the most popular ring on their Pinterest-like engagement ring website is much more classic than one would expect — the round cut solitaire. In fact, the most viewed ring on the site this year is a 10-carat round solitaire stunner that would put many celeb rings to shame.
For most of us, a ring this extravagant is far out of our reach, but that doesn’t mean you can’t still achieve the same timeless vibe with your finger bling. So, whether you and your S.O. are in the market for a ring, or you’re *just browsing*, here are five classic and alternative round cut diamond rings that would make any bride happy.
1. Vrai & Oro The Solitaire ($1,649 and up):Vrai & Oro is changing the game when it comes to engagement ring shopping, but their options remain simple, elegant, and classic. You can’t go wrong with a tried-and-true style like this one.
2. Lizzie Mandler Petit Knife Edge Solitaire ($1,420): This dainty stunner might be small, but that doesn’t make it any less beautiful. It would be perfect for the minimal bride who wants just a little bling.
3. Jade Trau Astor Ring No2 ($4,600 and up): This non-traditional style proves that a round cut doesn’t have to be boring. The ring looks edgy when worn alone but also allows for a wedding band to fit perfectly under it, creating a seamless look.
4. Everett 0.79 Carat Champagne Diamond Solitaire Ring ($3,500): Colored diamonds are often overlooked, which is a shame because they can be just as gorgeous and offer a unique twist on the standard white diamond.
5. Point No Point Studio 1.32 Carat Salt & Pepper Diamond ($2,337): Salt-and-pepper diamonds, which have visible white and black inclusions, go against everything we think we should believe when it comes to diamonds, but that’s what makes them so special. Instead of looking for the highest clarity in a stone, why not embrace the flaws that showcase the natural beauty of your diamond?
Want more engagement ring inspiration? Check out our Pinterest page!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Featured photo via Sparkly)