Your Guide to the Must-Have Jackets of Spring 2017
Temperatures are on the rise, but a solid spring jacket is essential to keep late night chills and unpredictable weather (hello, spring showers) in check. Luckily, there’s no shortage of stunning options at your disposal this season. Whether you live for leather jackets or like to keep things classic with tried-and-true trench coats, the 18 must-have jackets for spring 2017 below have you covered.
1. Pilcro Denim Boyfriend Jacket ($88): Camo has made a miraculous comeback for spring ’17, adding just the right amount of don’t-mess edge to sweet, swingy midi dresses and classic white jeans. Layer it over colorful stripes or a vibrant print for extra punch.
2. ASOS Jacket With Bow Cold Shoulder in Gingham Check ($72): Gingham is synonymous with the spring and summer seasons, but this time around, the iconic print is serving up a healthy dose of RN cool. With its cold-shoulder styling and OTT bows, this effortless option is a far cry from your average prim-and-proper separates.
3. COS Collarless Coat With Belt ($225): Tackle the Greenery color trend with this versatile topper that nails it whether you’re donning a fancy frock for your bestie’s “I do’s” or boyfriend jeans and suede sneakers for an afternoon stroll. Team it with statement earrings and a statement sac for extra style points.
4. Warehouse Peony Pop Windbreaker ($176): Stealing the show is easy breezy with this punchy peony windbreaker. When the weather takes a turn for the worst, pop it on with bright rain boots to chase those rainy day blahs away.
5. Zara Suede Jacket ($189): Give your go-to leather jacket a rest this season and opt for something lighter and brighter. This rad rose-colored moto was practically made for rooftop cocktails and picnics in the park. For a supremely springy look, team with floral trousers and a playful pink lip.
6. H&M Denim Jacket With Lacing ($70): Denim jackets are classic, but a girl’s got to have options, right? This all-white-everything option is just what the doctor ordered with its flirty lace-up detailing and oversized silhouette. Toss it over a twirl-worthy A-line dress and bright mules for a playful date night getup.
7. Madewell Striped Outpost Trench Coat ($138): Sayonara, standard trenches — this stripe-flecked stunner is a straight-shot to sartorial greatness. Styled alongside high-waisted culottes and a sculptural tote bag, it’ll put a subtle mod twist on any polished ensemble.
8. Finery Spearman Sulphur Yellow Leather Jacket ($369): Flying under the radar has never really been your thing, which makes this sunny yellow number a prime candidate for your warm-weather wardrobe. Allow the boxy piece to take center stage by layering it over a saucy white jumpsuit and lace-up sandals.
9. Forever21 Floral Print Kimono ($20): Whether you plan on hitting the pool or catching your favorite bands at every major festival this summer, a colorful kimono is key. Round out the ultimate boho babe look — a bodysuit, cutoffs, and ankle boots — with this botanical beauty and beach babe waves.
10. Front Row Shop Floral Embroid Robe Coat ($87): Pajama fever isn’t over yet. Introducing the classiest way to channel lazy-day vibes: this wow-worthy floral robe coat, ideal for an evening spent schmoozing and sipping Champagne. Just toss it over a slinky slip dress and ankle strap heels for an effortlessly cool look.
11. Magpie Oversize Lacey Jacket ($248): Sporty with a boho twist, this boldly embroidered zip-up is an athleisure dream. Go low-key cool and rock it with cropped jeans, a silk cami, and sleek metal choker FTW.
12. IvyRevel Fleur Coat ($82): This pretty-in-pink duster is ready to take your #OOTD routine to the next level. Rain or shine, it looks straight-up stunning with everything from tailored trousers to pleated midi skirts.
13. ASOS Floral Embroidered Leather Biker Jacket ($316): Sure, it’s a splurge, but if landing a spot in the style hall of fame is what you’re after, this embroidered biker is so worth it. Beyond elevating just about any ensemble, this bright, studded scene-stealer would make a killer finishing touch to a not-so-traditional bridal look.
14. Mango Decorative Patches Cotton Jacket ($120): Statement sleeves are this season’s detail of choice, making this letter jacket an absolute must-have. The boy-meets-girl style effortlessly takes ultra-feminine pieces, such as ruffle-trimmed pencil skirts and classic shift dresses, straight into street style territory.
15. & Other Stories Embroidery Denim Jacket ($115): Channel your inner French girl this season by adding this Parisian-designed style to your lineup, stat. Toss it on with a floral mini dress and Jane Birkin-inspired basket for a DDG getup that comes together in seconds. Ooo la la.
16. H&M Shimmery Metallic Jacket ($40): Festival-ready is the only way to describe this high-shine number. A step away from standard crochet and suede, this shimmery, go-with-the-flow jacket is guaranteed to set your center stage style apart.
17. Rouje Sacha Jacket ($190): A sophisticated twist on the popular field jacket, this belted beauty is just about as covetable as they come. Adding a fuss-free finish to jumpsuits and linen dresses alike, it’ll do you right every single time.
18. Scotch & Soda Silk Shirt Jacket ($235): Secret garden-style appeal is what this flowery number is all about. Floral silk elevates an otherwise understated silhouette, providing the perfect counterpoint to raw-edge jeans and lived-in sneakers.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.