8 Straw Bags That Work Even When It’s Cold Out
No need to wait until Memorial Day to start wearing your straw, wicker, or raffia bags. While traditionally used on summer tote bags, those materials have been showing up on the arms of fashionable ladies all year long. Give your leather bag a breather and opt for something lighter, figuratively (in feel) and literally (in weight) ASAP. And while rocking a summer bag in the spring doesn’t make your vacation come any sooner, it will make the last weeks seem a little sunnier.
Alexa Chung’s seasonless style: mixing a winter coat and a summer bag in London. (Photo via Darren Gerrish/WireImage)
1. KARA Small Textured Leather Trim Backpack ($350): Go hands-free with KARA’s straw and textured leather backpack — or give your back a break by using its top handle and carry as a tote. 2. Loeffler Randall Straw Circle Tote ($295): Loeffler Randall’s pink straw tote is adorned with both pom-poms and tassels, yet it somehow looks subtle. Bring new life to your overworked gray flannel coat or stay in the muted color zone with a cream colored beanie. 3. Zara Mini Wicker Tote Bag ($50): We’re envisioning Zara’s wicker tote with black patent leather mules and a striped button-down for work and then with pleather leggings and sneakers for Sunday brunch.4. Antik Batik Hedia Envelope Crossbody Bag ($320): The autumnal colorway of Antik Batik’s envelope bag will break up the monotony of your black jeans and cashmere crewneck. When it warms up, lighten the same dark palette by flashing some skin with a black mini and open-toe sandals.
5. Tory Burch Half-Moon Straw Cross-Body ($400): Tory Burch’s sophisticated crossbody will make you almost forget the fact that it is actually a straw bag trimmed with leather. We promise not to tell.
6. Yosuzi Sonora Bucket Bag ($345): This Yosuzi geometric printed bag is at the top of our fashion bucket list (sorry, we had to).
7. Nannacay Baby Roge Pom Pom Bag ($175): Meet the carryall that has been making the rounds on A-list Instas. Wear it now with a pastel maxi dress, denim jacket, and OTK brown suede boots.
8. Pitusa Embellished Basket Tote ($150): This colorful, embellished tote will take you from the beach to the boardroom.
Want more style advice? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)