No need to wait until Memorial Day to start wearing your straw, wicker, or raffia bags. While traditionally used on summer tote bags, those materials have been showing up on the arms of fashionable ladies all year long. Give your leather bag a breather and opt for something lighter, figuratively (in feel) and literally (in weight) ASAP. And while rocking a summer bag in the spring doesn’t make your vacation come any sooner, it will make the last weeks seem a little sunnier.
Alexa Chung’s seasonless style: mixing a winter coat and a summer bag in London. (Photo via Darren Gerrish/WireImage)
1. KARA Small Textured Leather Trim Backpack ($350): Go hands-free with KARA’s straw and textured leather backpack — or give your back a break by using its top handle and carry as a tote. 2. Loeffler Randall Straw Circle Tote ($295): Loeffler Randall’s pink straw tote is adorned with both pom-poms and tassels, yet it somehow looks subtle. Bring new life to your overworked gray flannel coat or stay in the muted color zone with a cream colored beanie. 3. Zara Mini Wicker Tote Bag ($50): We’re envisioning Zara’s wicker tote with black patent leather mules and a striped button-down for work and then with pleather leggings and sneakers for Sunday brunch.4. Antik Batik Hedia Envelope Crossbody Bag ($320): The autumnal colorway of Antik Batik’s envelope bag will break up the monotony of your black jeans and cashmere crewneck. When it warms up, lighten the same dark palette by flashing some skin with a black mini and open-toe sandals.
5. Tory Burch Half-Moon Straw Cross-Body ($400): Tory Burch’s sophisticated crossbody will make you almost forget the fact that it is actually a straw bag trimmed with leather. We promise not to tell.
6. Yosuzi Sonora Bucket Bag ($345): This Yosuzi geometric printed bag is at the top of our fashion bucket list (sorry, we had to).
7. Nannacay Baby Roge Pom Pom Bag ($175): Meet the carryall that has been making the rounds on A-list Instas. Wear it now with a pastel maxi dress, denim jacket, and OTK brown suede boots.
8. Pitusa Embellished Basket Tote ($150): This colorful, embellished tote will take you from the beach to the boardroom.
Want more style advice? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.