14 Bathing Suits That Will Make You Excited for Spring Break
Okay, so summer might still be far away, but spring break is just around the corner, and counting down the days until you’re soaking in the sun (covered in SPF, natch) is totally justified. No matter where you’re headed for that essential warm-weather escape, one thing’s for sure: You best be bringing it with your vacay wear. The cornerstone to your killer getaway wardrobe: a show-stopping swimsuit. Complete with look-at-me neon, cool cutouts and even a few retro silhouettes, these 14 bikinis and one-pieces will have you ready to hit the beach, pool or hot tub in style.
1. Tori Praver Swimwear Shyla Bikini Top ($106) + Little Shyla Bikini Bottom ($106): Consider a neutral-colored bikini with modern cuts a style staple for spring and summer. The versatile two-piece makes mixing and matching a piece of cake, thereby doubling your beach-ready wardrobe.
2. Forever21 Plus Size Lace-Up Cutout One Piece ($30): Show a little skin while covering up in this vibrant one piece. Sexy side slits and a sassy lace-up back make for a two-in-one look that will keep everyone guessing.
3. TRIANGL Poppy-Wizz Fizz Bikini ($89): Mixing and matching is the best way to switch up your waterfront style without breaking the bank. TRIANGL does all the heavy lifting for you with this perfectly paired bikini that’s just a little different up top — a bold detail makes all the difference.
4. Tori Praver Seafoam Pullover Bralette Bikini Top ($37) + High Waist Bikini Bottom ($37): Meet your #bronzegoals from the get-go with this copper bikini that provides a sportier coverage than your typical two piece. Skip a traditional beach coverup and toss on a jersey turtleneck when the sun sets to mimic the look of a rash guard.
5. Bikyni The One Piece ($95): With a ’90s-style cut and minimalist approach, this black swimsuit will get you through season after season — and beyond. When you’re not hitting the sand, layer it under a pair of trousers or a pleated maxi skirt and throw on a pendant necklace for a seriously sassy night-out getup.
6. J.Crew Underwire Halter One-Piece Swimsuit in Colorful Stripe ($118): Stay supported while diving for a volleyball or jumping in the waves. The eye-catching striped pattern and structural silhouette make this throwback stunner a spring break must-have.
7. Seafolly Goddess Bandeau Top ($98) + Twist-Front Hipsters ($78): What’s better than a classic? One that’s undergone a few updates for a better-than-the-original feel. Clever draping on this red hot two-piece takes a timeless style to new sartorial heights.
8. Blue Life Eclipse Crosscross One-Piece Swimsuit ($154): Reach for a swimsuit with crochet detailing when you want to give your getaway style a bit of boho-chic flair. Rock it with metallic huarache sandals and a flowy coverup.
9. Nasty Gal Butterfly Stroke Halter Bikini Top ($55) + Rippled Waters High-Waisted Bikini Bottom ($50): If you’re a big fan of athleisure, this high-neck top and cheeky bottom combo is about to become your go-to seaside style. The sleek silhouette has sports chic written all over it. Take it to the next level with criss-cross slide-on flats, a mesh tank and running shorts with a vintage-inspired twist.
10. Samudra Makena Palm One Piece ($210): Update last year’s bright green palm trend with this darker, more abstract print. Add pop-of-color accessories like mirrored sunnies and pastel flip flops to make this bold one-piece stand out even more.
11. Victoria’s Secret Colorblock Bandeau ($29): If winter’s gloomy skies and plunging temps have been getting you down, a healthy dose of neon is the ultimate remedy. Add black lazy palazzos and you’re ready to go from beach to bar.
12. ASOS Shell Trim Frill Swimsuit ($52): Ruffles are kind of a big deal this spring. Work the flowy, fun embellishment into your poolside repertoire with this pretty blue piece. After a splash (and a bit of drying off), pair it with an A-line skirt and clog sandals for a ’70s-inspired ensemble.
13. Tahlulah One Piece Swimsuit ($149): Winter florals take on a whole new meaning in this architectural one-piece suit. The vibrant color and painterly blooms toe the line between vintage femininity and fashion-forward fierceness. Pair it with high-waisted shorts and cat-eye sunglasses for an of-the-moment take on a popular rockabilly look.
14. Topshop Strappy Plunge Swimsuit ($50): Plunge swimsuits are big again this season. Style yours with a wind-swept side part and classic wayfarers during the day and slip a sheer maxi skirt over to chic it up in the evening.
Are you headed somewhere warm this winter or spring? Tell us where you’re going and your must-have travel essentials by tweeting at us @britandco!