It’s that time of year again, folks. No matter how much we would love to avoid spring cleaning forever, we’ve decided to put our adulting hats on and just get it done (mostly to make room for all the gorgeous spring goodies at Anthropologie and Target, TBH). So treat yourself to a springtime cup from Starbucks, put on your most motivational playlist, and download these amazing cleaning and organizing apps for the easiest spring cleaning sesh *ever.*
1. Think Dirty: Your closet isn’t the only thing that needs a refresh this spring. This cool app is a great free way to learn about the potentially toxic ingredients lurking in your makeup bag. Simply scan the barcode of your beauty products and the Think Dirty app will give you easy-to-understand info on your product and a unique dirty meter ranking. They’ll even shop for cleaner alternatives to help keep your skin healthier.
2. FlyCleaners: There’s nothing worse than spending a Saturday evening trapped underneath a monster pile of laundry. That’s why we’re leaving it to the professionals this spring. FlyCleaners will pick up and deliver your laundry directly to your front door between 6am and midnight, seven days a week.
3. Rooomy: After you finished the grunt work of actually cleaning your apartment, it’s always a fun idea to give your space a tiny makeover. This futuristic app combines 3D models of real estate listings with real-life home furnishing products (also in 3D), so you can easily tell what will look good in your space — plus, you can *totally* shop for your dream home at the same time.
DL It: Free on iOS
4. Centriq: Homeowners, this one is for you. This nifty app provides users with an owner’s manual for practically anything with an “on switch” in their home — appliances, electronics, furnaces, you name it. Just scan the model number of the product and the app will provide you with all sorts of useful stuff to make homeowner life just a tad easier.
DL It: Free on iOS
5. Decluttr: Instead of taking your gently used items to the dump after you’re finished spring cleaning, you may want to use this app to make a quick buck. All you have to do is scan the barcodes of your electronics, books, and other items and Decluttr will give you an instant offer price. Then once you’re finished, ship your items to them for FREE and they’ll pay you the day after they receive your stuff.
6. Snupps: Whether you’re looking for organization advice on your personal shoe collection or just want to browse beautiful photos from other organized ladies, this app is awesome for getting motivated to start spring cleaning. You can add your collection to virtual shelves via snapshots, get feedback from the Snupps community on your stash, and follow other interest groups for instant motivation to live your most organized life.
7. Our Home: Give your family planner a techy facelift with this must-download family planning app. Our Home is a new way to connect your entire household on one app (we’re talking grocery lists, family calendars, chore charts, and more).
8. ThredUp: This app is perfect for the lady who needs a little extra motivation to clean out her closet. Not only can you earn a little extra cash from donating your gently used garments to this awesome company, but you can easily shop for items from fan favorites like Anthropologie and Kate Spade for up to 90 percent off too (hey, we deserve a few springy statement pieces!).
9. Letgo: What makes this used-goods selling platform stand apart from its competitors is the tens of millions of people already using it (AKA way more people will stumble across your awesome spring cleaning items). We also love that you can post an item for sale in just a few seconds and chat with other buyers and sellers right inside the app.
10. Handy: Let’s be honest; there’s always a point during our annual spring cleaning marathon where we just want to give up and polish off the movies in our Netflix queue. But instead of throwing in the towel, why not call a professional cleaner or handy-person to help finish the job for you using this convenient app. You can pay the background-checked professional right from your phone and rest assured with their money-back guarantee.
11. KonMari: If you haven’t heard of Marie Kondo’s KonMari Method of tidying up by now, it’s definitely time to get in on the life-changing trend. This official app of Konverts is packed with features to help you tidy and organize your entire life by providing tips, tricks, and progress reports on how decluttering your home will spark joy in your life.
DL It: Free on iOS
Have you started spring cleaning yet? Tweet us by mentioning @BritandCo.