You guys — sneakers are having a major fashion moment. We don’t know about you, but we are literally jumping for joy over this whole flats movement. It’s socially acceptable to wear your colorful gym sneaks with your midi skirts. Do you know how groundbreakingly awesome that is?! While you’re thinking that over, check out the 18 most coveted sneakers of the season. Your feet will thank you.
1. Leather and Neoprene Sneakers ($160): A mix of sporty and chic, these Marc by Marc Jacobs sneakers are perfect for any occasion. Pair them with a midi skirt and crop top for a sophisticated look, or wear them with leggings to your next spin class.
2. Super Bright Future Sneaker ($70): Watermelon-colored shoes are always a sweet addition to any summer look.
3. Printed Sneakers ($740): It’s hard to mix and match prints as well as Marc Jacobs, which is why he’s done the work for you in these snake printed sneaks. They’ll burn a hole in your pocket but they’ll be in style for years. Guaranteed.
4. Perforated Leather Low Sneakers ($168): Who says you can’t wear suede in the summertime? Luckily, the folks over at Frye designed these breezy suede sneakers with mesh-like holes to keep you feeling cool while looking cool.
6. Palm Print Slip-Ons ($395): Palm trees and pineapple prints are taking over! Right on cue, Saint Laurent came out with these hot pink skaters that anyone will love, from the girly girl to the skater chick.
7. Floral Blur Sneakers ($70): We’re still not over floral prints — and you shouldn’t be either. Even New Balance is in on this one.
8. Lemon Pointer Sneakers ($75): When Kate Spade teamed up with Keds, this is exactly what we expected to come out of such a fabulous collaboration. We’re suckers for these lemon-printed sneakers.
9. Lace Up High Top Sneakers ($640): This pastel pink kicks are the kind that can carry you through the entire year. Pair them with cutoffs and a tee for a casual look or with a midi dress for something a little more formal. Yes, sneakers can be formal!
10. Printed Canvas Slip-Ons ($370): These artistic limited edition graphic slip-ons are right on point. Floral + stripes = everyone’s favorite mix.
11. Tread Over Heels Flat Sneaker ($60): Wear these to your backyard barbecue, and everyone will be saying pass the mustard… slip-ons.
12. Pastel Slip-On Sneakers ($40): We love these slip-ons from the Gap, especially because of the price. While we can’t wait to get our hands on these pastel color-blocked shoes, they also come in four other pretty prints! Decisions, decisions.
13. Adizero II Mesh Sneakers ($160): If you wear these to the gym, be prepared to have all eyes on you. These are probably the poshest sneakers, ever.
14. Colorful Sabin Sneaker ($320): Bohemian chicks dig broken-in shoes like these color blocked high tops from Free People. Wait — doesn’t every girl like worn-in shoes?
15. Gel Super Trainer ($100): Don’t these sneakers make you want to workout? No? What about just go for a stroll outside? That totally counts. Double points if you’re wearing these bright beauties.
16. Silken Sneakers ($150): Anthropologie thrilled us when they came out with these smart shoes that come in two other colors. Understated florals can be just as gorgeous as bold bouquets.
18. Peg-Daisy Cutout Sneakers ($100): These have got to be the most darling pair on the list. Bright yellow daisies decorate these cute cutout sneakers. Wear them with bright socks, white socks or no socks at all.
Are you loving the sneaker trend as much as we are? Tell us about your faves in the comments!