Killer Kicks! 20 Chic Summer Sneakers
Here’s at Brit HQ, we’re launching a full court press on those who think sneakers should stay on the sidelines. Unleash your inner Sporty Spice with these 20 chic kicks for summer trendsetters.
1. Commes De Garcons Converse ($110): Aww! The grandaddy of high tops gets a high fashion makeover. The brand’s traditional blue starred emblem is overlaid with a precocious red peeping heart.
2. Ombre Sneakers ($75): Ombre-haired beauties, now you can literally fade from head to toe! Think of the tie dye possibilities that a normally bummer grass stain would bring to these canvas kicks. Game on!
3. Pony Hair Slip On ($130): Wispy white pony hair and leather piping make these monochrome sneakers super luxe. A slip on fit for the modern walker.
4. Tassel Tennis Shoes ($170): We’re batting our eyelashes at this preppy pastel sneaker. It’s a pretty alternative to leather loafers or top-siders while still nodding to nautical style.
5. Viper Platforms ($70): Get ready to rage surfin’ safari-style with these canvas sneakers. Zookeeper khaki and snakeskin print are a match made in jungle heaven.
6. Espadrille Sneakers ($98): ‘Tis the season for espadrilles, so we can’t wait to tie up these comfy kicks. Faded cotton and hot pink piping perk up this casual pair that would look oh so good with a natural tan.
7. Mesh Peep Toes ($98): Sneakers or not, these grey wedges make some seriously hot heels. Tone down the super sporty mesh panels with a pair of tapered linen trousers or crochet panel shorts.
8. Pastel Runners($60): These retro runners wouldn’t just turn heads at the gym. The candy colored sneakers would look awesome paired with a cotton pocket skirt and a sheer collard tank on the grounds of any summer festival.
9. Doren Era Vans ($55): Skaters get a bad rap for being reckless and wild, but they sure know how to pick a totally rad shoe. Let your hair down with these rainbow colored tribal pattern sneakers.
11. Ash Wedge Sneakers ($161): Wedge sneakers are trending like wildfire this summer thanks to these secret height-enhancing forerunners. The metallic sheen of the perforated Velcro straps mixed with soft leather panels is uber classy.
12. Mid-Rise Sneakers ($75): When you can’t decide if low tops or high tops will look better with your outfit, there’s always this stylish compromise. Do you spot the teeny bow ties on the back panel of these minty sneaks?
14. Tropical Print Platforms ($78): If we had to choose one thing to bring with us on tropical deserted island, we’d hands down pick these patterned platforms. Sure they’re not practical for a rainforest trek, so instead we’ll rock these in the concrete jungle.
15. Pixel Pattern Sneaker ($50): We’re all about the mix of textures on these awesomely pixelated sneakers. Their coral-orange colors would look super chic paired with brown leather shorts and a crew neck tee.
16. Buckle Wedge ($188): These sneakers prove that you can still look edgy even while your Docs are in warm weather hibernation. The shiny buckles that hug the diamond-perforated front panel are absolutely fierce.
17. Slingback Flatforms ($50): Your heels have been waiting for their time to shine (those painted toes get all the attention!). Show them the spotlight with these adorable lilac slingbacks.
18. Nike Dunk Sky Hi Vac Tech ($220): Nike has been consistently stepping up their street style game, and these unbelievably cool color block high top wedge sneakers are just a sliver of proof. We only have three words for these insane kicks: Just do it.
19. Floppy Bow Slip Ons ($30): How cute are these big bowed slip ons? We imagine they’d be perfect for peddling your cruiser along the boardwalk.
20. Burger Sneakers ($45): We wouldn’t dare pass up the chance to include these burger print sneakers in our roundup! Summer style is all about having fun, and how could you not smile in these burger-rific kicks? We’ll take ours animal style.
Which of our picks are your favorite pairs of summer sneakers? Tell us in the comments below!