21 Stylish Backpacks That Will Actually Fit Your Laptop
With the onset of college, you likely ditched your tried-and-true backpack for a chic carry-all or satchel to tote your everyday essentials. But with the backpack having made a major comeback over the last couple of years, there’s no better time than now to revert back to the classic sac. The fashion-forward options are endless, so you can scoop up a style you’ll use for years to come. But the real kicker is that they boast plenty of space for your laptop, whatever the size, so you can make sore shoulders (a common problem with shoulder bags) a thing of the past. Below, we’ve listed our favorite toss-on-and-go bags large enough to fit your 13-inch and 15-inch laptops. Scroll down to shop the ultimate busy-girl bags.
1. STATE BAGS The Heights Lorimer Backpack ($90): This simple, lightweight classic is compact and has a padded laptop sleeve. It’ll basically be your LBD of backpacks.
2. Everlane Modern Snap Backpack ($68): Not only will this backpack’s simple design give you zen, but you’ll also have peace of mind knowing it was made ethically.
3. Herschel Supply Co. X Hoffman California Fabrics Heritage Backpack ($60): Everything’s coming up roses with this fun floral printed backpack that is sure to brighten your day.
4. Madewell Canvas Backpack ($98): We love the minimal look of this backpack. It’s simple — sturdy leather straps, front pocket, main compartment big enough for the essentials, and vintage-inspired foldover top.
6. Kate Spade New York Watson Lane – Hartley Nylon Backpack ($198): We love to hit the snooze button (more than once). So when it’s time to make haste, it’s nice to rely on a colorful staple that adds a pop of pizzazz to any rushed outfit. This crimson backpack will do the trick!
7. Fjällräven Kaken Backpack ($80): Laptops don’t always belong on a desk; that’s why they’re called laptops! When work escapades beckon you to the park, woods, or beach, this adventure-ready backpack is ready to pack your computer for the ride!
8. Parker Clay Miramar Leather Backpack ($188): This adjustable backpack/tote combo is made with premium Ethiopian full grain leather and makes a stylish accessory during workday commutes or weekend adventures.
9. Away The Backpack ($145): Your favorite suitcase brand also has a backpack that’s perfect to accompany you on your daily adventures. It has a padded laptop sleeve and a clean, sleek look.
10. AER Fit Pack 2 Backpack ($135): This backpack has a mesh pocket at the bottom to hold any footwear, and the large exterior pocket provides plenty of room for stuff you need to access easily.
11. Tumi Voyageur Halle Nylon Backpack ($295): Streamlined and sleek, this bag also has leather trim, plenty of pockets, and striking hardware. You’ll look effortless carrying it around town.
12. Herschel Supply Co. Little America Backpack ($100): Embrace your wild side with a little pop of animal print. This classic backpack has a laptop sleeve, drawstring closure, and cool leather accents.
13. Timbuk2 Parkside Laptop Backpack ($69): Swap your old bike messenger bag for something with two straps. It’ll keep your tech safe, and it has an on-strap bottle opener for happy hour on the go.
14. ban.do Get it Together Backpack ($65): The name of this eye-catching metallic backpack will remind you of its purpose: Get it together.
15. Rebecca Minkoff Medium Darren Convertible Leather Backpack ($275): If you’re not ready to fully commit to two straps, this convertible leather bag will let you have the best of both worlds.
16. 24 + 7 Small Backpack ($89): This quilted backpack is lightweight and water-resistant, and even though it has a camouflage pattern, it will definitely get you noticed on the street.
17. Tumi Georgica Mica Backpack ($545): This leather backpack is the elegant work accessory you’ve been looking for. There’s also a removable pouch that can double as a wristlet.
18. Modcloth Authentically Academic Backpack in Chestnut ($59): Channel your inner academic with this vintage brown leather backpack. It’ll make you feel more scholarly just carrying it around town.
19. Cuyana Leather Backpack ($375): Go from weekday to weekend with this gorgeous Italian pebbled leather, which has detachable back and top shoulder straps.
20. Topo Daypack ($179): Durable enough to take on a day hike, yet streamlined enough to carry to the office every day.
21. STM Grace Pack ($100): Charge and protect all your tech in one swoop. This pack has a cable routing system built in that allows you to charge all of your devices without getting tangled up in cords, and it also has a suspended pocket to keep your laptop padded and away from unnecessary harm.
What’s your go-to backpack? Let us know @BritandCo.
This post was orignally published November 10, 2015.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.