With the onset of college, you likely ditched your tried-and-true backpack for a chic carry-all or satchel to tote your everyday essentials. But with the backpack having made a major comeback over the last couple of years, there’s no better time than now to revert back to the classic sac. The fashion-forward options are endless, so you can scoop up a style you’ll use for years to come. But the real kicker is that they boast plenty of space for your laptop — whatever the size — so you can make sore shoulders — a common problem with shoulder bags — a thing of the past. Below, we’ve listed our favorite toss-on-and-go bags large enough to fit your 13-inch and 15-inch laptops. Scroll down to shop the ultimate busy girl bags.
Backpacks That Will Fit a 13-Inch Laptop
1. Ivan Faux Leather Backpack ($65): Just big enough to fit a small laptop or device, this sleek backpack will complement your polished office attire and casual t-shirt & jeans look.
2. Urban Outfitters Iridescent Backpack ($40): If you’re commuting on two wheels this season, this backpack will keep you looking stylish and safe with its reflective outer layer.
3. Dr. Martens Large Leather Backpack ($240): With top handles and straps, this polished burgundy bag is crazy versatile, allowing you to adapt to any situation. Take this one along when you’re looking to impress.
4. Eve & Adis Boho Backpack ($205): This handmade bag is made from a set of hands that believe in a true balance between work, play, city, and nature. Let the maker’s ideology inspire you to adopt a similar balance every time you strap this eco-friendly pack on.
5. Target 2-in-1 Backpack ($35): If it zips, then it fits! This multi-departmental backpack helps your compartmentalize your items the way you see fit. You can have a creative pocket, a utilitarian pocket, and a food pocket!
6. Tumi Daniella Backpack ($275): We love to hit the snooze button (more than once). So when it’s time to make haste, it’s nice to rely on a colorful staple that adds a pop of pizzazz to any rushed outfit. This crimson backpack will do the trick!
Backpacks That Will Fit a 15-Inch Laptop
7. Madewell Canvas Backpack ($98): We love the minimal look to this backpack. It’s simple — sturdy leather straps, front pocket, main compartment big enough for the essentials, and vintage-inspired foldover top.
9. Fjällräven Kaken Backpack ($80): Laptops don’t always belong on a desk; that’s why they’re called laptops! When work escapades beckon you to the park, woods, or beach, this adventure-ready backpack is ready to pack your computer for the ride!
10. Everlane Modern Snap Backpack ($68): Not only will this backpack’s simple design give you zen, you’ll also have peace of mind knowing it was made ethically.
11. Target Quilted Backpack ($21): For the days your backpack feels too heavy to carry, allow this quilted backpack to add some extra back padding. Its metallic, rose gold shine also might add some pep to your step on the way to work or classes.
What’s your to-go backpack? Let us know @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.