19 Chic Sweatpant Looks to Try This Fall
Sure, rolling out of bed and heading to the office in your loungewear probably didn’t make the best impression with your boss in the past, but thanks to designers like Isabel Marant and Alexander Wang that is all changing. It started with swapping out those five-inch heels with sneakers (albeit, fashion-forward and often expensive versions), and now, much to our delight, sweatpants are getting their deserved time in the spotlight. But let’s be clear, we’re not talking about those horrid gym class sweatpants that you tried so desperately to make cute. New tailored silhouettes and trendy prints are making this sporty staple appropriate for rest, work and play. Check out these 19 savvy street style stars, and get inspired to step it up with sweats!
3. Add a Graphic Tee: Leave it to this blogger babe to put your dog walking outfit to shame. Copy Wendy’s cozy but polished ensemble by adding a witty graphic tee and buttery soft leather jacket. (via Thanks Fifi)
4. Tried and True: You can never go wrong with this classic color combo. To get this look, swap out your black skinny jeans for a pair of skinny joggers ($92), and top it off with sharp accessories like a wide brim and striking white heels ($40). They’ll add that perfect je ne sais quoi to your outfit du jour. (via Who What Wear)
7. Track Star: Embrace your inner Sporty Spice, and pair your track pants ($68) with a mesh pullover. For a truly high-fashion look, swap out sneakers with a pair of knockout heels. (via The Northern Light)
9. Where’s the Party?: Sequin sweatpants are made for big nights out. Not only are these shiny things perfect for all those upcoming holiday parties, but they’re also surprisingly comfortable. For the day, dress them down with casual basics like checkered shirts and flats. (via Hurray Hurrah)
10. Top It Off: Lazy mornings and snowy days don’t usually translate into head-to-toe stunning outfits, unless, of course, you rock your joggers with trendy sneakers and luxe plaid coats like this girl. (via Jessie Carlson)
11. High-Fashion Cozy: It’s no easy feat to embody both sporty and glam in one look, but leave it to fashion editor Christine Centenera to show us how. The trick? Go for a bold faux fur coat ($95). (via Entertainista)
14. Playful Graphics: If you’re obsessing over SJP’s smiley face sweatpants ($109) as much as we are, then good news, because we found the exact pair. If the triple-digit price tag is out of your reach, why not try an iron-on decal? (via DailyMail)
16. Red Hot: Make a statement at the office in a bold crimson blazer ($48) and patent pumps, keeping the rest of your look classic and casual. We bet no one will even notice your cropped pants are actually sweats. (via The Native Fox)
19. Big and Baggy: Sure, these parachute style sweatpants won’t pass at the office, but we guarantee they will keep you incredibly warm during your weekend errand running. Throw on your some stylish sunnies ($165) with a fitted jacket ($160) and you’re good to go. (via Who What Wear)
You can wear many hats running a business and sometimes some look better than others. Thanks to Office Depot, we're talking with Koyun Fan, co-founder of Sticky Rice Sisters, about finding inspiration along the way and staying organized on the road to success.