For all you ladies who work in a more relaxed office environment, we have some style tips on how to get away with practically wearing sweats to work. Don’t worry; you won’t be getting a dressing down from your boss for, well, dressing down, because the following sweatshirts are nice enough to rock ’round the clock — including from nine-to-five.
Time to channel Kendall Jenner, who’s looking très chic in Paris wearing a Gucci sweatshirt and a down-to-business blazer. (Photo via Pierre Suu/GC Images)
1. Cynthia Rowley Bleeker Embroidered Sweatshirt ($245): The intricate embroidery on this sweatshirt is what makes it next level. Layer it over a red gingham button-down then add a black pencil skirt and pumps, and you’ll be ready to tackle whatever your boss throws your way.
2. La Vie Bird Embellished Sweatshirt ($195): The patchwork bird appliqués on this sweet La Vie sweatshirt are made from the brand’s seasonal fabrics. Couple this top with a pastel pencil skirt and pointy-toe slingbacks. Birds of a feather, indeed.
3. Zara Striped Sweatshirt ($40): Go big or go home with Zara’s striped-sleeve sweatshirt. Go even bigger by pairing it with black flowy pants. A pair of black kitten heels completes this sporty but boss-lady look.
4. MSGM Sweatshirt With Crochet Detail ($395): Thinking about making the jump to the creative side at work? We have the perfect top to get you noticed by your company’s art director — MSGM’s crochet-detail sweatshirt. It’s so eye-catching, simple blue jeans and black booties are all it needs.
5. Akemi + Kim Elyria Beaded Blouse ($98): The bright orange color of this beaded sweatshirt will provide a burst of joy on those days you’re chained to your desk with deadlines. Bring on the chambray jeans and tan suede booties.
6. Rebecca Taylor Floriana Sweatshirt ($275): Breathe new life into your overworked (like you!) black pants by pairing them with Rebecca Taylor’s charming blossom sweatshirt. Wear this top with your hot-pink trousers if you’re in the mood to be noticed.
7. Current/Elliot Ruffle Sleeve Sweatshirt ($170): Add a multi-layered chain necklace and a pile of gold bangles and your coworkers will be none the wiser that this top is a sweatshirt. Brighten it up with cherry-red trousers and you might forget too.
8. Sea Bell Sleeve Mosaic Lace Sweatshirt ($355): Unless your name is Rihanna or Beyoncé, this head-turning lace guipure sweatshirt is a bit bare for the office. But layer it over a whisper-thin black crewneck tee and it instantly becomes office-appropriate.
9. Monica Mahoney Ivory Velour Sweatshirt ($80): This sweatshirt from California designer Monica Mahoney features a vintage striped trim — and the cotton velour fabric makes it look more expensive than it is. We love it with a black A-line skirt and red pointy-toe flats.
Want more style advice? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.