17 Rad Beach Towels to Buy or DIY This Summer
Summer is officially here, and you’ve probably been busy stocking up on all the essentials like a ’90s graphic bathing suit, DIY after-sun lotion, sun hats and an ambitious reading list. All that’s left to fill out your tote (and give you an Insta-worthy backdrop) is an awesome beach towel. Whether you’re kicking it by the pool or on a tropical beach, here are 17 towels that are begging to be photographed and double-tapped. Whether you’re in search of graphic prints, bold stripes, sassy graphics or retro vibes, there’s something for everyone here. Arm yourself with one of these towels for all your beach adventures and you’ll be the coolest cat on the sand this summer.
1. What on Earth Round Beach Towel ($30): As if you would go to the beach without your favorite sugary treat. You’ll get all the jealous looks (and none of the sprinkles on your swimsuit).
2. DIY Watercolor Beach Blanket: Watercolor textures are trending hard this season, and those watery colors are *just* the thing to amp up last year’s dingy beach towel. Pair this pretty DIY with a custom beach chair and a personalized cooler, and you’ll be ready to hit the sand in style. (via Brit + Co)
3. Modcloth Dry It On for Size Beach Towel ($55): Why pick just one color when you can have them all? Embrace the rainbow with a punchy beach towel in a seriously cool graphic design.
4. Sunnylife Avalon Luxe Beach Towel ($55): Kick back and hit up that summer read on this colorful striped beach towel that gives you the perfect backdrop for all those beach selfies. If you love prints and color as much as you love the sand and the sun, you’ve met your match.
5. H&M Patterned Beach Towel ($18): This beach towel is almost worthy of Queen Bey herself. Whether you’re heading out for a beach day or a picnic in the park, it’s all about that lemonade print. Now all that’s missing is a big beach umbrella and a bowl of boozy gummy bears.
6. DIY Beach Towel Bag Hack: Here’s a project that combines the beach bag and towel into one adorable item. Add a pillow to your beach towel and then use this simple hack to make the whole thing turn into an easy-to-carry tote bag. (via Brit + Co)
7. Urban Outfitters Printed Grid Perfect Beach Towel ($29): If you prefer to keep your beach look more subtle, this simple towel fits the bill perfectly. These fast-drying beach towels feature a chic design that won’t clash with the rest of your OMG-worthy beach accessories.
8. Forever 21 Flamingo Beach Towel ($11): What says summer better than flocks of pink flamingos? Transport yourself to a tropical paradise even if you’re just laying out by your pool.
9. Ruby Mint Hathaway Beach Towel ($78): Don’t want a towel that clashes with your swimsuit? Stick with a black and white print to make your day at the beach look totally glam. This tropical palm-inspired print is too chic for its own good.
10. Ruby Mint Colony Beach Towel ($78): Go ahead and add this bold geo beach towel to your vacation packing list. Not only is it stylish enough for your poolside lounging, but you can use it as a cozy blanket when the sun sets and the party really gets started.
11. Ban.do Giant Beach Towel ($38): The beach is the perfect place to bring out your inner child with funny, sassy prints and graphic quotes. Spread this rad towel out on the sand for plenty of fun and no shortage of Instagram-worthy snapshots.
12. DIY Graphic Beach Towels: What’s a gal to do when she wants a bold graphic towel, but paint isn’t an option? Pull out the bleach of course! Pick up a set of inexpensive beach towels and amp them up with some seriously fun, beachy puns. (via Studio DIY)
13. Slow Tide Rubik Towel ($40): The only puzzle you’ve got to solve here is how to keep your BFFs from stealing this awesome towel. On the sand, in a beach tote or around your waist, this towel looks good everywhere.
14. Target Marimekko Beach Towel ($25): Make a splash this summer with this navy blue and black towel that’s guaranteed to put you in a vacay state of mind. Whether you’re chilling by the pool or catching a game of beach volleyball, you’ll want to keep this pretty towel on hand.
15. Ban.do Beach, Please Giant Beach Towel ($38): Even #girlbosses need to take a vacation every now and then. The next time you play hooky from the office, throw down this cheeky towel and send out those vacation vibes loud and clear as you soak up the rays.
16. Urban Outfitters Lady Perfect Beach Towel ($29): These lightweight towels are soft and fast-drying, making them appropriate for the beach and beyond. This design is so pretty, you might be tempted to use it as a bath towel when you’re not chilling on the sand.
17. DIY Pom Pom Blanket: It’s not a beach party until the pom poms show up. A blanket with this many poms will definitely be the most checked-out blanket on the beach. Pick up any old towel and dress it up with layers of pom pom trim. (via Studio DIY)
If you’re looking for more creative summer style inspo, make sure you’re following us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)